Take a hint

Coby

"Chey really got you in good spirits man, that smile ain't left your face in weeks." Briggs teased Coby.

Coby threw up his hands agreeing to his friends accusations.

"Aye, man it's all good. Told you before, I love y'all's love." Briggs held up his glass to Coby and toasted .

"Thank you my brother. So how's your dating life treating you?" Coby took a bite of his steak.

"Good shit, besides the weird morning after conversations." Briggs laughed.

"Still pulling one nighters I see," Coby wipes his mouth .

Coby felt his phone vibrate and read the name Shelia calling. He sighed. Briggs was too busy eating his food to notice Coby's frustration. She just couldn't take a hint. It was over between them and he wasn't going to ever break his wife heart again. It wasn't easy to just forget what him and Shelia shared, but it wasn't enough to double dip. He decided to block her number. He had said his goodbyes and that was that.

He wished that he could say everything was perfect, but his babygirl was hurting bad. The funeral was yesterday, he just knew she was in bad shape. Those kids were so young and dealing with such heavy situations. His heart aches for his baby girl. He had no clue any of that stuff was even taking place. He still knew a few people in the game and could have offered his assistance. Ice wanted to deal with everything himself and in the end he paid for it. He was aware Diya had deep feelings for the young man but couldn't begin to understand just how deep their love was.

******************************
Kim
Kim had to leave straight from the funeral and return to her internship in New York. Tate volunteered to drive her to the airport. She accepted without much of a fight. Diya was refusing to see anyone, she was lucky to see her at the funeral. Kim couldn't really blame her but she wanted to be there for her. This experience of going off to New York was imagined differently but life has a funny way of crushing your plans. Her friends heart was damaged and the only person that could fix it, couldn't.

They pulled over at a rest stop so Tate could use the restroom. When he returned, he gazed through the windshield at Kim. He made his way over to the passenger side.
Tate opened Kim's car door and she wouldn't move so he took her hand to help her out. She walked to the back of his car and hopped up on the hood. Tate stood beside her with his hands in his pockets.

"Sup Kim, you good?" He asked.

She smiled then, hugged herself forcefully as her voice cracked.
"No I'm not ok, Tate. My best friend is hurting, your best friend is..." She bit her tongue, avoiding eye contact with him.

"Sorry," She looked away.

"Its aight, it's good to talk about it," Tate hopped up on the car also.

"I don't think she will ever recover from this, she won't be able to face reality." Kim looked down at her hands.

"Who will? Ice is a brother to me .... seeing him laying there, lifeless, bullet in his head and chest.... doctor saying he's brain dead and mostly likely he won't wake... didn't wake up." Tate voice cracked. Kim pulled him into her for a hug.

He then looked down at her and she was now staring up into his eyes.

"Kim, I know we joke a lot, but real shit I appreciate how you been here for me. Diya lucky to have you. White boy Skooly was a fool to let you go, I would never," Kim swallowed at this confession. Tate lifted her chin in his hand and planted a kiss on her lips, she did not resist. Kim closed her eyes and kissed him back.

She wasn't sure if it was just her emotions getting the best of her, or if she really was secretly feeling him. Whatever it was, he was the best thing in her life these last few weeks and she was grateful. Plus, it's just a harmful kiss, Right? When it was over Tate could not hide his smile and neither could she.

"Wanna roll up?" He offered, Kim smiled.

"Yes."

Cobys old fling won't back off .

Kim and Tate getting cozy 🤭

Please continue to read and Vote and mostly Enjoy 😉