"Handle my Own"

When he entered his grandmother house, Ivory was asleep with her head resting on his grandmothers shoulder. "Here put her in the bed ." He quickly took her and carried her into his old room that was now decorated for Ivory . He kissed her cheek and tucked her in.

He quietly closed the door behind him and marched into the living room, where his grandmother now had a black safe siting on the coffee table. Ice stared at it.

"So what is this? Why would you keep this from me? I'm out here hustling, risking my life to take care of us and you sitting on money?

His grandma stood up .
"And who ever told you it was your responsibility to take care of us? You chose that life boy, I never asked you for a dime! Have you ever saw a past due bill? Have the lights or water ever went off? My car ever been repoed ? Think Ice, we were never in trouble. You just assumed because your dad went to jail you were suppose to man up." She sat back down rubbing her knees.

"I use to wear the same clothes and shoes all year round, kids teasing me..."

"They teased you because the lies about your dad being a snitch. Son, they teased you because you were smart and what did you do? You gave up on your academics to fit in." She threw her hands up.

"I had lost my mom, then my dad was taken away from me in the same year. My world as I knew it was flipped upside down drastically, before I was 9. I think I should have been given a pass." Ice tightened his jaw.

"I wanted you to just be a normal humble kid . How was I going to explain expensive clothes, shoes and a fancy lifestyle out of nowhere? The cops would have been at my front door in no time. I had to act accordingly." She pleaded her case but Ice wasn't letting up.

"Emire, they were already giving me heat because of the whispers in the street. This money has been trouble since it touched your fathers hands." She stared at the safe.

"You know for a woman who usually has all the right answers you sure as hell coming up short tonight..." Ice felt a sting across his face, his grandmother slapped him. She jumped up so quick he didn't realize she was now standing in front of him. Her fist were now balled up resting on her hips.

"Now, I understand your upset, but this is still my house and I'm still your grandmother. I will still knock your ass into next year, don't you ever speak to me like that. Are we clear?"
She spoke between gritted teeth. Ice rubbed his cheek.

"Yeah." She walked closer to him and turned her ear to his mouth. " Yeah?"

"Yes ma'am." He corrected himself.

"Now, I did what I did and I have no regrets. So be upset for a second but you have bigger fish to fry. Like jumping into bed with Zeus and that Milton boy, yes your dad told me. Sweetheart what were you thinking?" Her eyes now appeared worried .

"I will handle my own. I don't need you worrying about me and I don't want any parts of that man money. I will come by tomorrow to get Ivory. I have to get out of here ."
His grandmother reached for him but he pulled away and left out the house angry.

"I love you son !" She yelled after him, but he was already speeding away from her house .

Whew! You do not play with them old school grandparents.
Do you all agree with her point of view? Or are you neutral?

Comment and like !