" just settling"

Diya was so excited about her mom and dad she didn't have time to process fully what happened between Ice and Milly. They were pounding on each other like punching bags.

Finally, someone likes her and Ice feels like the only way they could like her is because of him. "You don't even care a little about her, this is all just to get to me." His words infuriated her.

He was such an egotistical nuisance. She was sick of it, of him. Their friendship was no longer big enough for the two of them . He always wanted the upper hand. Milly was kind and he even stood up to Ice granted, he almost lost his life for the brief act of bravery, he still tried.

He was sitting on her bed when she brought him a warm wash cloth to clean the blood off his face. When he saw her puffy eyes he stood up concerned.

"No .. no these are happy tears because my dad proposed to my mom again and we shared a moment." He ran his thumb across her face as she got on her knees and moved between his legs to wipe his face. He stared down at her.

"I should of told you I knew Ice but I had no idea you were his ex." He appeared remorseful.

Diya laughed at his implication. "Stop right there, you are reading way too much into this. Emire Brown is not my boyfriend and he never has been."
She continued cleaning his face. He wrapped his hand around her wrist.

"I'm sorry, I just assumed the way he was so upset about you now being mine." Diya stopped wiping and looked at him.

"I'm yours?" Her cheeks felt warm now.

"Well yes .. I mean I want you to be... well you said I was your boyfriend so... yes you are mine. I mean if you agree." Diya kissed him.

"Yes, I would love to be yours Milly." Milton pulled her into his lap and deepened his kiss. He pulled away .

" I would love to do more, but your folks downstairs and I haven't met your dad yet, you should probably introduce us." Diya threw her head back and sighed heavy.

She hopped up and took his hand.
" You're right, come on."

*********

A Couple weeks later

Ice woke up to the sun in his face. Ivory was playing in his blinds last night and some were still open allowing sun to shine through. He grunts.
Ivory is passed out right under him. He smiles with one eye open l.

He sits up on the bed and yawns while stretching. Ice had just been cooped up in his house lately with Ivory. He wasn't completely over the secret his grandma kept from him and Tate and Diya weren't speaking to him.

He even took a break from selling drugs, well major drugs because bills needed to be paid. He knew Zeus gave him a fair warning, he was surely speaking of real money makers, not plain old Mary Jane. So Ice just sold to a few high in customers, who bought marijuana buy the ounces. He was sure to go unnoticed.

He couldn't stop thinking about what Zeus said about Miltons dad and he knew he could only get the answers from Quakes. So despite their last run in, he was willing to really sit in listen. His dad would first have to agree on another visit. Ice stepped out the room and dialed the number to confirm a visit.

When he finished the call he went to click out his phone and mistakenly pushed the messages app and Diyas name still was up. Ice had texted her or attempted to.

*Diya I'm so sorry. I should have talked before reacting but if you knew the situation I feel you may have understood, but then again U would probably say that's no excuse....*