13

Chapter 13 - Pep talk

"You are the biggest dumbass I've ever met, I swear to God Y/n." Wooyoung rubs his temples. Hyejin nods her head, reluctantly agreeing.

"You should have just called it off when you went to his office. You're only prolonging it for the worst." Hyejin reasons.

I sigh and cover my face in my hands. Everyone but me are the logical ones. My judgement is still severely clouded by this man.

She sighs and kneels in front of me, taking both of my hands into hers. "Why are you doing this to yourself, girlie?"

"You know why..." My voice cracks pathetically.

Wooyoung scoffs in response. "I'm sure everyone knows why. Wake. Up. Get out of this relationship. Neither of you are happy. End this 'deal' early before you both get even more hurt."

I sigh. "...Not yet."

"Oh? Does that mean you will?" Hyejin prods.

"I just- I- I still want it to work." I struggle to say. "But I know it won't. I'm giving him a chance to redeem himself."

"Okay, so let's say he does redeem himself. What then?" Wooyoung raises an inquisitive eyebrow. "You gonna crawl right back to him and hope your relationship will be all sunshine and rainbows?"

"Woo..." Hyejin warns, her voice low. She and I both know he is about to snap. But I know he is acting this way because he is concerned and cares about me. I'm grateful someone is.

"Look, I think I'm still waiting for my closure, you know?" I suggest truthfully. "Everytime I talk to him, I feel off and uncomfortable - partly due to the fact that I was used - but I think it's because I don't know why he did what he did."

Wooyoung contemplates my words in his head for a few moments. "And when you get your closure, what's next?"

My chest tightens and tears prick at my eyes. These words, these thoughts are a struggle to even voice. It reflects a reality I'm not quite ready to face head on. I'm a coward. I'm in love. I'm torn. I'm hurt. I don't think I'll ever struggle when saying a sentence again.

"I'll let him go..."

Those very words hurt me, more than you could ever imagine, Seonghwa.

But at least my friends were there for me when you weren't.

I'll never let them go.

Because I know the difference between being treated right and being treated wrong.

You were a prime example of treating me wrong.