10

Chapter 10 - Her

"Okay. Ladies. Help me out. Purple or red?" Wooyoung questions us as he holds two different but brightly colored jackets. He's going on a blind date tonight, so he needs all the help he can get, especially if it's from Sana. This hoe can tell you the in's and outs and hacks of the dating world.

Me and Hyejin give our opinions where needed, but we are pretty much here for moral support.

"Red for sure." Sana says.

"I think the purple one is nice." Hyejin disagrees.

Wooyoung frowns and turn to me. "What do you think?"

It takes me a few embarrassing seconds to find the strength to lift my eyes to meet his. Who would have thought heartbreak would cause exhaustion in normal, everyday actions?

I shrug. "I don't know. Purple's cool I guess."

He looks at me for a moment longer before turning away. The red jacket is tossed onto his bed while he puts on the purple one, checking himself out in the mirror.

"Looking good, Woo." Hyejin hypes him up. "You're gonna make your date drop his pants once he sees you."

He chuckles awkwardly. "I don't know about that..."

"I could tell you what I do to make that happen." Sana smirks and wiggles her eyebrows.

"I'm sure you could. But I doubt you'd be much help if this blind date were a girl. At that point I would have been screwed and no one here could help me otherwise."

"Aren't we lucky it's a man then?"

Wooyoung rolls his eyes. "Yeah I guess." An uncomfortable silence sweeps over the atmosphere. No one moves. No one breathes. I stopped with time itself.

Sana decides to say something. Directed at me, actually. "Y/n, are you okay?"

I purse my lips. No.

I don't want to think about any of this right now.

"...Yeah.." I croak out weakly. Wooyoung and Hyejin exchange knowing glances.

"Ummm, no I don't think so. You haven't been talkative lately. Has something happened?" The high pitch in her voice makes me cringe in disgust; she almost sounds hopeful.

For the love of God, just drop it.

"No. Everything's fine."

"Well I'm kinda wonde-" Sana is cut off by an annoyed Wooyoung at this point.

"Hey, just drop it."

That, unfortunately, adds fuel to the fire. It basically confirmed Sana's suspicions and now it looks like she doesn't want to stop.

"Y/n..." She says gently. "...Have things been alright between you and Seonghwa...?" She asks me steadily and with obvious resilience to her words.

Hyejin and Woo appear as if they are going to shut this shit down, but I don't even give them the chance as I look at her, confused by the question. "What?"