4

Chapter 4 - Girl's day + Woo

The four of us circle around a table in the quaint little coffee shop residing on the edge of our city.

It's the typical meet up place we all go to.

Some guys walk by our table, and they stare. Not at me. Not at Hyejin. Not even the gay guys would look at Wooyoung.

It was Sana.

Sana flaunts her slim body by wearing tight skinny jeans and a crop top that barely covers her breasts. She is gorgeous.

And she lives for the attention from everyone.

She smiles, knowing full well the effect she has on the passing people. "Imagine not liking the stares." She giggles.

"Yo, you're even stealing all the gays from me. Ain't no way you're gonna be MY competition." Wooyoung warns.

I snort and roll my eyes while Hyejin laughs.

I thought that maybe today I could get my mind off of him with the aid of my best friends. A few hours carry on at a snail's pace, and I contribute very little to the conversations. It turns out that I can't get my mind off of him.

We haven't spoken in three days since he left my house. Why? I couldn't tell you.

Hyejin picks this up almost immediately, periodically rubbing my back or knee in a comforting way.

Even Wooyoung sends me concerned looks.

But Sana doesn't seem to address me in any way.

I scold myself. I need to stop feeling entitled. Not everyone has to cater to me and my emotions.

I guess Wooyoung got really curious because he interrupts Sana's amazing story of how her last date went. "You feeling alright Y/n?"

I look at him and muster up a smile that doesn't quite meet my eyes in a reflecting manner. "Oh yeah. I think my periods coming, but I'm good though."

"Do you need to go home Y/n?" Sana asks, a little too much pep in her voice. "I don't want you to force yourself to stay here if you don't feel well."

Her voice, her face, her personality is setting me on edge right now. And I don't know why.

But I have a strong urge to just deck her in the face.

She is one of my best friends, so why???
Well, my period is coming. So I'll just chalk it up to that.

I stand up from my seat, not being able to take Seonghwa's absense nor this upbeat atmosphere that Sana is trying it create. "Yeah, imma head out."

Hyejin jumps up too, followed by Wooyoung who completely caught on that something is very wrong at this point. "I'll follow you home. I want to borrow another album!" Hyejin says, but her real intentions doesn't pertain to the fact she wants an album. No. She wants the tea.

"I better head on my way home too." Wooyoung is friends with Sana too, but he is not close to being best friends with her, which explains why he also stood up as well. He hates being alone with that woman.

So we all head our separate ways.

Except Hyejin follows my car from behind while I drive with clouded vision.

At this point in time, I thought so little of myself.

I thought I wasn't good enough.

How dare you make me feel as if my worth is lower than hell itself.

How dare you make me look like the fool.

I was a fool to believe every word you said.