7

Chapter 7 - Help me, please

Wooyoung sits on my desk chair, staring at me with sadness as I bask on my bed, completely emotionless.

He came over two hours ago.

We barely had one conversation.

I needed someone here with me. It didn't matter who. Hyejin and Sana said they weren't available today, but thankfully Wooyoung was able to respond to the group chat and come to my rescue.

He knows something is seriously wrong.

But he's afraid to ask.

I know how I look.

I look as I feel: fragile and broken.

Nothing but immense amounts of regret hang over me and taunts me. It calls me vulgar names, nagging at me while laughing hysterically.

I shouldn't have let Seonghwa and I go that far yesterday.

I knew what pain it would cause me.

But I didn't care in the moment. I just needed to feel him love me like he would before.

I take in a deep breath and sit up. Wooyoung perks up just a bit, trying to calculate what I'm gonna do next. He doesn't dare say a word.

My eyes don't gaze at anything in particular. The space in front of me looks almost entertaining, but I don't have enough strength to focus my eyes on it.

"He's been cheating on me...." I say absentmindedly. I just couldn't hold that back anymore.

And saying it out loud...it hit different.

"What?" Wooyoung airs out, trying to keep his surprised and sharp tone to a minimum. He tries not to be too sudden in his actions when he stands up from the chair, but he's kneeling in front of me in no time.

I feel a hot tear roll down my cheek, and I take in a shaky breath before looking at my best friend. "Seonghwa is cheating...on me."

Rage and anger flash over his features, but he quickly masks those primary emotions to cater to me. He grabs ahold of my hand and places it against his lips gently. "Tell me everything."

And I do.

The words come out on their own.

I hold no responsibility for what comes out or how it comes out.

I'm venting.

And Wooyoung just happens to be the one who gets to listen to it all.

He is seething in anger by the time I'm done speaking. He's pacing my room and running shaky hands through his hair. "I'm gonna kick his ass. I swear...imma kill him."

"Woo..."

"And we don't know who this bitch is?!"

I shake my head.

That gets him even angrier. "Fuck that! We're tracking down this bitch and then we're giving that asshole a beating of his life. Then we're - wait...does he know you know? Did you...did you break things off...?"

My silence answers his question.

"Un-fucking-believable." He breathes out. "Why the fuck not?!"

I shrug and bite my lip to prevent more sobs from coming out. "I just couldn't." I croak out.

Thanks to you, I grew stronger.

I learned how to fight for me.

I just hate how you were my teacher.