1

Chapter 1 - The beginning of my end

He's been acting strange for a long while and I have no idea why. It's progressively gotten worse, prominently showing in the little things I always cherished deeply.

No more back hugs.

No more kiss goodbyes.

No more spontaneous phone calls in the ungodly hours of the night.

No more...us.

All I do throughout the days of the week is ponder what went wrong. What did go wrong? The fact that I can't even pinpoint an event or conversation that may have caused his vague disassociation with me is frustrating to the point where I cry myself to sleep.

All because I see myself as the problem. Shit. Maybe I am.

I tried talking to him about it.

Multiple times.

But he blew me off.

So I suppose to him, communication isn't key in a relationship. Yet, we've been together for two years.

The spark that was there in the beginning had dimmed down somewhere along the way, getting lost in the crowd of "shit happens."

Even though I don't feel the heat of that single spark that had set off bundles of fireworks between us, I still believe it's there.

Hiding.

Pleading.

Begging.

To be reignited.

Does he even love me anymore? Is there a purpose for him to just sit in front of me as if we are the power couple of the century?

I don't know.

But as I gaze at his perfect side profile while he just lazily watches my TV - not even bothering to cuddle or have a real conversation with me - I feel my chest tighten, my throat constrict, and tears threatening to flow down my face.

Because I know, as we sit in this quiet and tense atmosphere, we lost what I thought we would always have.

So I bite my lip, swallow my sorrow, and slowly turn my head to the TV.

I don't know why I never took this as a sign. I don't know why I prolonged it.

That's a lie.

I know why.

I was still so in love with you.

Yet you didn't care.