2

Chapter 2 - Break up with him

"You're not happy, you're barely eating, and you're staying in something that's just not good for you in general." My best friend, Hyejin, whines in my ear for the nth time for the past couple of months.

I tell this bitch everything. Why wouldn't I? She's my only source of support I have right now.

Huh. How sad.

I sigh and bury my head in my pillow. "Please, Ji, I don't want to hear this right now."

She huffs in frustration and stands up from my bedroom floor - only seconds ago preoccupied with my K-pop albums and magazines - and plants herself at the foot of my bed. "But you need to. How long do you want this to go on for?"

I clench my eyes and contemplate just leaving my head in my pillow to suffocate myself before looking at her straight on. I give her a stoic expression. "If he didn't want me, he would have left me a long time ago. Maybe this is just how he is. It's like when you meet someone for the first time but then after three months, you see who they really are."

Her eyes gaze back at me in utter worry. She knows I'm reaching.

She sighs and shakes her head. "Y/n, you've been together for almost 2 1/2 years. You guys aren't even living together. I'm sure you would have seen a change within the first year."

That same tight and constricting feeling in my throat reappears with full force. And it brought back-up too: burning tears.

I let out a small sob, Hyejin immediately at my side in no time. "I love him, Ji..."

"I know girlie.... But I sense that something is going on. I'm giving you my opinion, and you take it however you like, but I think you need to break up with him."

Those words broke me completely.

Why was she right? Why is she always right?

Why do you always have to prove her right?

Why do you leave me looking like the fool here?

Park Seonghwa, you are the devil.