45th and Final

Nelli's perspective

I rubbed my belly after I got off the phone to my midwife. I've been telling her Im in pain but she's not taking me in. Silly woman, she's pissing me off. Hold tight in there baby. I waddled my fat self to the bathroom. Vianni was in there washing his face.

"This place is nasty V when we leaving?" I said while squatting to piss.

"Today I promise. I've got atleast a year worth of rent patterned" He said as he patted his face dry with his t shirt. I wiped myself and flushed the toilet.

"Imagine, you're only 17, 18 in a couple days and you're making moves like this. I'm meant to be looking after you." I sighed and shook my head. He hugged me and kissed my forehead.

"I'd do anything for you, you know this. Im gonna go now, buck me at the pier at like 8:30. That Quel yute is gonna take us home" He screwed his face like he smelt something bad when he mentioned Quel.

"What's the problem?" I giggled.

"I don't like that boy you know he's abit weird still but he's not my boy so whatever." He hugged me once more before leaving this dingy hotel room.Emmanuel cae in to the bathroom shortly after. He caught me looking at my bump in the mirror.

"How are you? I saw you moving bares in the bed, are you okay?" He spoke in his usual tone. You know the blunt one. I rolled my eyes and attempted to push past him.

"Listen dont speak to me until you've got an apology ready for me after I birth this baby and the dna test comes through yeah?"

He grabbed me back by my arm.

"I was just asking if you was good init don't give man no attitude I didnt ask for it, safe" He kissed his teeth and let go of my arm. I went back into the bed to try to sleep again. Its true I had a sleepless night. Im in pain. This baby is killing me. He's worth it though.

Imagine a human who's gonna love me unconditionally. I'll never do anything that will make him question my love for him. He will never go through the struggles I went through as a kid. Even if he doesn't have a dad that claims him, he'll still have me and his uncles. Always and forever. Don't forget Jas, she will always have my back. Thats my sister forever. Despite Emmanuel not believing the baby is his, his mums got me. His little sisters are so excited to be aunties.

I laid down, tossed and turned for a couple hours. It was now nearing 7, I think I'm gonna go for a walk down the pier, there's still people out. Its not too scary right now. I've always feared walking down the pier imagine a crazy person picking you up and throwing you in the water for the bants or something. Scary shit.

I walked out the hotel, down the hill and to the start of the pier.

"Sorry you can't go there, there's some electrical issues down there and the heavy winds detached some of the railings, its not safe" The security guard said. I sighed and went to the cafe to get myself something to eat, I was starving. Just before I walked in "Q!" I turned around in confusion. I couldnt find the source of the sound at first. It was Quel, in the car.

"Oh you're early." I walked over to the car and I noticed there were people in the backseat just before I opened the door.

"Hold on b this is just some of the mandem, Im gonna drop them off. Wait here for me okay. Dont go anywhere?" He said while flashing me a cheeky smile. He drove off into the darkness of the poorly lit road due to the electrical issues.

I got myself a hot chocolate and waited in the cafe, where Quel told me to wait. I got bored so I stepped outside. I made the decision of making this security guard my new friend because I was so lonely. I stepped outside and looked around, the secutiry man was nowhere to be found but in the distance I saw V. He was running towards me at full speed. "Nelli, I know you can't run but run" He pulled me by my hand and I did a light jog but this angry tenant inside of me was not having it. "V I can't " I took a pause and held my belly. Great a contraction. Emmanuel soon came running past but he stopped to look at me "You good?" He asked while putting his arms around me. I pushed him off of me " I'm fine" He sensed my attitude and he dished it right back. "Yeah so run then". But I couldn't. He shook his head and swept me off of my feet and ran with me. This really must be a life or death situation because I know he was struggling, not that he's weak or anything but my belly makes me way more than an elephant. He jumped over the sign saying that the pier was locked off. "Oi!" the security man yelled as Emmanuel and Vianni continued running.