40

Kingsleys Perspective:

I waited almost 3 days for a call but he never called, he texted. Asking Nelli to meet him so they could talk but he asked to not tell mum.

I have to plan this out strategically. I can either send Nelli to see what he wants or I could go myself and pressure him.

I looked down at my phone contemplating what to do.

"Nelli!" I called from my room, she came in quick. She was in her robe rubbing her eyes.

"Yeah?"

"How do you feel about meeting dad?"

She squinted with a baffled expression on her face.

"Why would I wanna do that? I've been without him for so long I don't even remember what he looks like. I don't need him."

"He's been tryna see you, I dont know how he contacted you but he called you on your birthday."

She looked at me like I was crazy and I explained it to her.

"Oh so why you telling me?"

"Buck him and see what he wants."
She gave me the dirtiest look...

She agreed though.

Nelli's Perspective:

It was about 4 going on 5, it started to get dark outside so I wanted this to be quick after what I've heard about this man, I don't want to be with him long. I walked into the Costa looking around for him. I dont even know what he looks like. A man came up to me and it has to be him. He looks like Kingsley.

"Quinelle?" He asked, all I could do was stare at him. He hugged me, I just stood there. I politely brushed him off and he pointed me to a table in the corner of the room. I walked over slowly and sat down, he had got me a hot chocolate and a croissant.

I sat down across from him I didnt even know what to say, I don't even know who the hell he is. I dont remember him not in the slightest the only thing I remember is the struggle. Thanks to him.

"You're so beautiful. You've got your mothers eyes and my skin." He looked at me in admiration, like he was proud of what he created. I could slap the shit out of him right now.

"Thanks"

"How have you been?" He asked

"Since you left? Oh I've been amazing despite the struggle of having no dad and a crackhead mum I've been great"

He sensed my hostility and he got abit uneasy. He began to ask me questions about my life and what I had been up to, I never mentioned anything about mum being away and Kinglsey being the sole provider in our house because that is genuinely none of his business. Our conversation ended with me in tears because he just made me deep what a shit life I had. He was looking at me like I was a poor person on the street like he felt sorry for me... but at the same time like he didnt give a fuck about me. There was no sort of compassion or anything in his eyes, no sympathy, not even empathy.... I could just tell everything Kingsley told me about this wicked man was true. He kept making fucked comments that made me feel uncomfortable... he's creepy and I can just feel all his negative energy.

I dropped Emmanuel my location so he could come get me. Thank God he was near the area he said he was gonna start making his way very soon he was just finishing something up.

"Okay well Michael it was nice seeing you but Im gonna start making ways." I stood up from the table and he gripped my arm so tight causing me to sit back down. I snatched my arm back and looked at my wrist , there was nothing there but it still hurt.