43

Nelli's Perspective:

Everyone sat in silence around Kingsley's bed. I looked over at Vianni who's eyes were heavy from crying and being tired. The expression of anger was just plastered on Glory's face but its not like he was angry at King, it was the whole situation. Knowing that he is losing his freedom as soon as he steps out the room and the decision to turn off his only older brothers life support machine will be made. Tion sat there with the exact same expression. I couldnt even think about anything but my siblings right now. The fact that outside of this room is surrounded by police officers. Its crazy we all know criminals are bound to get caught eventually but you never actually think about the day till it happens.

We've all been questioned and everything. I kept myself to myself no comment, no cooperation, nothing. I was not talking. I dont know what these lot said because I dont know what they planned. I definitely kept quiet. They asked me questions like what do your brothers do? Who is this to you? blah blah blah. They even tried to lotion me with "if you speak we promise you won't get in trouble".  With the way my brothers are set I know I was never getting in trouble.

A police officer came in the room to let us know that Glory and Tion only had 5 minutes before they had to go with them.

" I love all of you lot like my family. I swear I do. Im so sorry all of this shit happened but Nelli, Vianni when you get home. You two are not safe trust me. There's a snitch about and he or she obviously wants the worst for us. The police didnt even come for what we thought it was, they came looking for firearms." He paused and shook his head. His emotions were all over the place. He couldnt even speak ...

"I love you two so much. Make sure you hold it down for us while we're gone. V you know what to do, you two have only really got each other now. Stick together. " V continued. He gave us both hugs and I just lost it, tears came down my face in floods.

Me and V have always had each other but King and Glo always had us. Thank God this happened when I turned 18 or me and V would've definitely got put into care. But he's 16, im scared. What if they take him?

I think about all this later lemme just focus on my brothers.

"Ay this is depressing, look after my daughter for me. Okay?" I nodded as Tion spoke. He cracked a little smile before looking me in my eyes while wiping my tears.

"You know Ive always wanted to do this". I knew it was coming but I didnt expect him to actually do it at a time like this. He basically stuck his tongue down my throat and chuckled after. He made us all laugh with that one. He looked at Kingsley one more time "Make sure you let us know when he's okay. He can't die he's my bestfriend man" He sighed, if my heart could break eve more then it would.  "I'll be home soon dont worry." He walked right out the door. I hugged Glo one more time. They went out and I felt like a part of me  just went with them. Other than V, the last part of me is on that bed right there.

I sat back down at Kinglsey's bedside. God I need you now more than ever. I dont wanna leave until I know he's awake. He's gonna make it, the bullet when through his back and punctured his lung. Had the police officer not attended to him the way he did, he probably would've died on arrival.

I looked over at V and he was sitting quietly or emotions were so intense because its like were connected and we're feeling the exact same pain.

"Nelli what are we gonna do? They booted the door off, we need to fix it. They messed up the house. Where am I gonna go? They're gonna try put me in care. They'll say you can't look after me"

I chewed the inside of my lip in while thinking.

"Leave before they come back, go home and we'll figure something out."

He nodded and said his last goodbyes to Kingsley who still had not woken up. He can't be dead, I wont allow it. I sighed and sat at the end of his bed with my head in my hands.