Chapter 17

Marco

Marco laid awake in bed unable to sleep. It had been months since Mayah escaped Marco's compound. He pulled his arm from underneath the woman sleeping next to him. Once he was untangled from her, he reached over to the nightstand to check his phone to see if there were any updates on her location. As he scrolled through his emails, the brunette rolled over towards him.

"Marco, why are you awake?" she asked in a low seductive voice.

"Go back to sleep Monica." He rolled his eyes. Since Mayah's escape, his temper was out of control.

"Marco, baby... if you can't sleep..." she ran her finger along Marco's arm reaching his hand. "I can help you sleep."

"Monica..." he growled. "Go back to sleep or get out." He yanked his hand from her and went back to scrolling through his messages.

"Sorry," she murmured. She laid back down facing away from him. She knew not to push her luck.

Seeing no updates on Mayah's whereabouts, he let out a growl. "Where the fuck are you, Carino?" he said out loud trying to think where she could be hiding.

A few moments later a knock at the door pulled him from his thoughts.

"Enter," he called out.

Jackson cracked the door before entering. "Boss...I think we found something."

"Hit the light," ordered Marco as he sat up from the bed. "What'd you find?"

He peeked around Marco to see Monica sleeping partially covered before clearing his throat. "So, we had men sitting on the Devils Angels and on anyone who had any connections with her. The Mafia mansion is the only place that has the least traffic so we think she went with the mafia prick."

"She's not at his estate?" Marco asked.

"No boss, I had someone hack the traffic cams near intersections and found his SUV's heading towards the airport a couple months ago. It looks like he took her out of the country."

"To where?" He crossed the room to his closet and grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a shirt.

"That's the problem boss...I don't know." He took a cautious step back knowing that wasn't the response Marco wanted to hear.

"Why not?" he turned towards Jackson. "You've had enough time to find her with enough money to do it!"

"It looks like they took a private jet. There were a few private flights that day and they all went down to Central and South America. I know they went to one of those countries but I don't know which one."

"Have they contacted anyone? Called home?" Marco asked.

"Not a peep." He handed the file he had in his hands to Marco. As Marco flipped through the pages, he cleared his throat again. "Hey boss...can I ask you something?"

"What?" he responded without looking up.

"You won't shoot me, right?" he asked. He wanted to sound like he was joking but he knew that there was a good chance that if Marco didn't like the question he was going to ask, it wouldn't end well for him.

"Ask your question Jackson."

He took a deep breath. "No offense boss but why go through all this for Mayah? She doesn't listen and she runs away. You can have any willing woman you want...why her?"

Marco looked up from the manila folder at Jackson. "Why her?" he repeated Jackson's words out loud.

"Yeah boss...why her? Look...you got Monica right there! She's obedient...open...everything you're trying to make Mayah be. Or any of the other girls you have. If you have what you want already, why start from scratch?" He looked at Marco wearily not sure how he was going to respond.