Chapter 4

Mayah stood frozen as she watched Adriano exited his vehicle with his gun drawn with Roach close behind. Roach's men drew their weapons along side Adriano's. The first to speak was Adriano.

"Get away from her." he spat walking towards her. He protectively wrapped her one arm around her with his other arm still holding the gun trained on Kace. "Are you okay? You didn't answer your phone."

"I'm sorry. I'm fine. We were just having dinner before he dropped me home." Mayah leaned into him.

"It didn't look fine from where we were. What were you backing away from him for?" Roach turned Mayah to face him. "Do you know how worried we were?"

"I'm sorry. We lost track of time." she didn't dare look him in the eyes.

"Roach man, we were catching up inside. I meant no disrespect. I was about to drive her home when you and her cowboy showed up." he said trying to hide his jealousy still with his hands up. He knows the Devils Angels most likely wouldn't shoot him but he couldn't say the same for Adriano and his men.

"It's true. Please...tell them to put the guns way." She touched Adriano's hand drawing his eyes to her. "He was just giving me a ride home from work and we stopped for dinner." She knew they were protective of her but she never thought their response would be to respond like this.

After a few more moments, Adriano puts his gun away and motioned for his men to do the same once Roach lowered his. Kissing her on the forehead he hugged her again. "You have no idea what was going through my mind Princess. Please don't do that again."

"I'm sorry. I wont. Wait, how'd you guys find me?" she questioned pulling back from him.

"The GPS in your phone." Roach responded staring at Kace. "Mayah. Its late, time to go." He was relieved that she was safe but wanted to be sure that he didn't make a mistake allowing her to hang out with him. He had been in communication with Kace's dad who said he was doing really well and was finally on track but when they pulled up, his face and body said different when they pulled up. "You coming Kace? We got a lot to talk about."

Kace knew that wasn't a request and didn't want to make anyone suspicious. "Yeah man, of course. I was telling her it's been a while. I'll follow you there." he retreated back to his vehicle.

Mayah followed close behind Adriano as he opened the door for her to get in. She gave him a weak smile as he closed the door walking around to the other side. Not trusting her face to not give away how guilty felt, she played with her fingers looking out of the window for most of the car ride until Adriano broke the silence.

"Princess," He placed his hand on hers. "Princess... what's wrong? You haven't said anything since we started driving...talk to me. Did he hurt you?"

His plea made her guilt worse. "No, he didn't hurt me. He wouldn't-" she flinched as felt Adriano's hands tense from her words before he cut her off.

"You say he wouldn't but he did the last time you saw him. Did you forget what happened? What he did? I want you to stay away from him Mayah. I don't trust him."

"No...Adriano I didn't forget." She didn't want to argue.

"Then what's wrong?" He put the SUV in park.

"Everything! You disappeared! You promised to call and text me," she sobbed. "I don't hear a thing from you since you left. You left me!" She broke down in tears as he hugged her from the driver's seat.

"Princess, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you but I have to respect your dads wishes." He lifted her chin. "You know I-" He gently pulled her face closer and tilted it to the side before pulling away with an angry face. "Did he do this?" He questioned through gritted teeth wiping the smeared lip gloss from the corner of her mouth. Without responding, Mayah's face fell. That was all the answer he needed. "That's why you were backing away, wasn't it?"

Without warning Adriano flew out of the car leaving Mayah scurrying to catch up. "Adriano! Wait! Please let me explain!" she pleaded pulling on his jacket as he stalked towards Kace.

"Catching up my ass Kace!" he yelled grabbing him before he walked in the house. "You don't fucking learn!" He shoved Kace to the ground.

"Yo! What the hell?" Kace stood up. "What's your problem?"

"You kissing my girlfriend! That's whats wrong! I warned you last time what would happen if you touched her again."

"Stop Adriano, please!" She stood in front of him trying to talk him out of trying to beat or possibly kill Kace. "It was an accident. He didn't mean it!"

Kace let out a laugh. "I didn't come here to fight with you pretty boy."

"Then you shoulda kept your hands and lips to yourself." He spat stalking towards Kace again.

Mayah jumped in front of Adriano and wrapped her arms around him still pleading with him to stop. "Please don't! I'm sorry...please"

He stopped advancing towards Kace and hugged her back. "You're not the one who should be apologizing. I don't blame you." He shot Kace another angry glare.

"I apologized. Chill." he walked past Adriano back to the front door. "She made sure she let me know we can't happen. See ya around Mayah." He shot Mayah an apologetic look and headed inside.

Adriano gave Mayah another kiss , this time on the top of her head. He was still angry. He visioned Kace kissing Mayah and pulled out of the hug. "Princess, promise you will stay away from him." He didn't know if it was anger or jealousy that wanted her as far away from Kace as possible and he didn't care.

"Adriano...I'm sorry he kissed me but I can't. What happens if he's here visiting dad. Am I supposed to stay in my room? What if he comes back and joins the Devils?"

He knew she was right. "Just be careful around him. And make sure you answer your phone." He walked her to the front door. "Promise to always answer your phone...if you can't talk, at least text so that we know you're okay. You have no idea what was going through my mind."

"I promise, what had you guys so spooked?" She studied Adriano's face while waiting for a response.

"It's not important. All that matters is that you're safe." He ran stroked her cheek with the back of his hand. "It's getting late. I'll talk to Roach about driving you from work when Krista's off. I'll call you tomorrow...I promise." He kissed her cheek and turned back towards the vehicle. Kace was up to something and he was determined to figure out what it was.

Mayah walked inside and down the hall to her father's office. She knocked on the door hoping that he and Kace were not discussing important business. He hated being disturbed. A few seconds later Roach called out to come in. Opening the door she stepped in closing it behind her. "Dad, I just want to say sorry. I didn't mean to worry you guys. I promise-"

"Mayah, its okay. You're not in trouble." he smiled at her. "Just next time, switch your phone from silent."

She nodded at him and excused herself so she could go get ready for bed. She tiptoed past Krista's room not wanting to alert her to her arrival. Once she made it in her room, she changed into a tank top and a pair of shorts before climbing into bed. It didn't take more than five minutes for her to drift off to sleep.