Chapter 8

Jason

"Jackson! Kace will be here soon. Were you able to get the rest?" Jason asked his cousin.

"Yeah, it's here. Remember...you're not going to ask me about how I got it and when you find out, you keep your mouth shut. You understand?"

Jason nodded as he accepted the duffel bag of money from him. "I'll be back. I need to go check on the two girls I brought with me."

"Why? You afraid someone is going to get to them before you?" he smirked.

"No, they work-worked for me," he corrected. "They got drunk." He rolled his eyes as he stood up.

"Drunk, huh.." Jackson said standing up. He hadn't told Jason that he knew who Kace, Mayah and Krista were...or that they had history. "Well, I can help you track them down," he said with a grin.

"Jackson...they're my employees. I just need to get them sober and home. Especially before that asshole comes to collect his money."

"Yeah, sure" he said following Jason out the door and down the steps.

Jason walked over to the couch. Realizing they were not where he left them, he headed towards the kitchen and found Krista smoking a joint with a couple of girls Jackson invited over. "Krista, where's Mayah?"

"I left her on the couch. I told her to rest until we went home," she hollered over the loud music.

"She's not there." he said.

Krista began to panic. "What do you mean?" she said barging past him into the living room. "I left her right-" she froze. "Oh my god, where did she go?"

"Maybe she went to sleep it off in a room. Stay here just in case she comes back," he instructed looking around for his cousin. He wandered down the hall opening closet doors before coming to his study. There's no way she could've made it this far drunk he thought to himself. He turned to walk away but stopped. It sounded like someone was whispering in the study. "Hey, no one's allowed in here!" he yelled banging on the door. Pressing his ear against the door, he listened for a response.

"Just go to sleep, I promise it will be over when you wake up." he heard the voice snicker.

Jason swung the door open. "Hey! I said no one- Jesus, Mayah?" His body went cold at the sight in front of him. "Get off of her now!" he yelled pushing the guy off of her.

"Rule number one of a party, wait your turn," he snarled as he shook Jason off and approached Mayah again.

"I mean it! Don't touch her!" Jason pushed him again, this time with enough force that he landed on his back. He turned towards Mayah and began to shake her. "Mayah, can you hear me? Mayah...wake up"

"Bro, did you not hear what I said?" Jason heard him say before hearing the unmistakable sound of a loaded gun clicking. "Now, step off."

Jason raised his hands in surrender. "Look, there are plenty of girls who are willing. Besides, my cousin Jackson-"

"What Jackson don't know won't hurt him. Now move" he instructed. He walked back towards Mayah who still laid unconscious on the couch. "Get out or watch," he said leaning back over her.

"Jason, did you find them?" Jackson came into the room and pulled his gun and aimed it at the man leaning over Mayah. "Are you insane Charley? I told you who was off limits!" If Marco found out about this, he would kill him this time.

"He's with you?" Jason stammered.

"Relax, I didn't get far. This boy scout is trying to be a hero. Besides, she'd never know. She's out like a light." When he realized that Jackson wasn't going to let him keep going, he groaned getting off of her.