Chapter 11

"Your brand healed nicely. Mateo did a good job. My mark looks good on you," Marco complimented inspecting Mayah's tattoos. It had been almost two weeks since Mayah kidnapped and taken back to Marco. "You almost forced me to bring him back here to do another touch up."

Mayah stared at the floor as he tightly gripped her arm in an attempt to remove the last of her bandages. Marco had just caught her trying to escape again. Since she was brought back to be held captive again, she had tried to escape four times, nearly succeeding twice.

"You are making this transition so much harder than it has to be," he said to her. "What I don't understand Carino, is that you know you will get caught but you keep trying to escape. Your attempts are starting to cause a disturbance." He hissed lifting her chin forcing her to meet his gaze. "You seem to have forgotten how to behave yourself Carino."

Mayah unsuccessfully attempted to step back from his grasp.

"I was thinking that you might need a reminder of what happens when you break my rules." He released her face only to grab her arm. "It seems that shocking you doesn't scare you enough to behave anymore." He yelled as he dragged her out of the back door towards the in-ground pool.

Mayah started to struggle again against him as she felt her pulse quicken. "I'm sorry! I won't run away again! I promise!" she pleaded as he pulled her towards the pool. Mayah sobbed uncontrollably. She used to enjoy swimming in pools and taking baths until Marco held her head underwater for misbehaving right before she was rescued. "Marco, please-por favor." she said reverting to Spanish.

"Shhhhhh." he cooed in her ear. "I promised you that you were going to be punished for leaving but your recent behavior has only made it worse." He took a step back from Mayah pushing her into the arms of Jackson. "Hold her." commanded Marco to Jackson and another guard. He walked over to a cabinet and pulled out a silk bag.

"Marco... I-"

"Shhhhhhh. No more talking Carino." He gave her a twisted smile as he opened the silk bag and pulled out what Mayah thought looked like a long rope. "Carino, do you know what this is?" he said unraveling the long black cord.

She gasped when he untangled the last piece of the rope. "A whip," she said quietly frozen with fear. She knew that one day Marco's obsession with her might kill her one day but she never expected him to go as far as to whip her with a leather whip.

Smiling at the fear on her face, Marco walked up to Mayah tearing the back of her shirt and undoing the clasp of her bra. "Turn her around." he instructed as he took a few steps back. "Carino, you brought this on yourself.." (Crack) " remember this day the next time you wish to remove my mark..." he hissed as he swung the whip at her again, cracking it across her back. "Or the next time you think of running away..." he growled hitting her again. Mayah cried out in agony as Marco struck her repeatedly until her screams were hoarse. "Let her go." Marco ordered as he approached her bloody body. "Get up Carino, I'm not done."

"I cant." She struggled to make it to her knees before dropping back to her stomach. "Please, I can't. No more." she pleaded. She felt the warm sticky blood running down her back and shoulders. She lifted her head as tried to push herself up a second time. Shaking her head in disbelief, she looked at the pool of blood she was laying in.

"You only got it ten times," he smirked, pulling her up to her feet. "You should've listened Carino. You shouldn't have tried to run. Now you have blood everywhere" He shoved her in the pool before jumping in after her.

Mayah struggled desperately to get away from Marco as he pulled her back towards him by her torn clothing.

"It's only four feet deep here, it's not that deep." He flashed an evil grin before forcing her head under the water. She unsuccessfully clawed desperately at his hands trying to free herself. Her lungs burned as she felt herself running out of air. After a few seconds, he pulled her head out of the water. "Have you had enough? Are you ready to behave yet?" Mayah coughed uncontrollably as he gripped her face. "No answer?" He shoved her head back under, ignoring the fact that she couldn't speak from not being able to breathe and all the coughing. As she felt herself on the verge of passing out from the lack of oxygen and blood loss, she gave up fighting and stopped thrashing underneath the water. Feeling her sudden decrease in movement, Marco pulled her head back above the now blood stained water and smiled when Mayah started coughing again. He pulled her near unconscious body towards the edge of the pool.

"Boss, we got it. It's all on camera." said Jackson as he bent down to help pull Mayah from the water.

"Good. Put the camera in my office and have her checked out and wrapped up by the doctor and taken to her room. Let me know as soon as she's awake." He watched as Jackson picked her up and heading inside. She'll never run from me again said to himself with a smile as he followed Jackson inside.

Marco headed to is room to put on a dry pair of clothes. He had a lot of work to catch up being locked up for so long. Even though he was able to still manage shipments from his import-export business, he could only do the legal portion of it..He didn't want to get caught handling the illegal portion while he was behind bars. After changing, he headed to his office. He had originally intended on retaliating against anyone who had a hand in helping Mayah escape him but when he realized who was involved, he decided to change tactics. Since she seemed to be everyone's weak link, he was going to use her to is advantage. He picked up the camera his men used to record Mayah's punishment session. He planned on showing it to her just in case she ever needed a reminder if she stepped out of line again. He pulled out his cell to make a call. Before he was arrested, he had planned to marry Mayah once she was eighteen her nearly succeeding in escaping forced him to change his mind. "Hello? Its Mr. Montoya. I want to contract your company to organize my wedding."

After a few hours of making wedding arrangements and doing some work for his business, he heard a knock at the door. "Boss, she's up..." Jackson called through the door before letting himself in.

"Sooner than I expected." he said standing from his chair. He was eager to see if his punishment was harsh enough to convince her to finally stop trying to run away.

"Yeah, the doc put some cream on her back. He was going to give her some meds for the pain but I told him to hold off until you got there." he said to Marco walking to Mayah's room.

Marco opened the door letting himself in. I really outdid myself this time he thought when he saw Mayah's condition. She cried quietly as she laid face down on her bed with gauze and bandages placed on the many open wounds on her back. "Carino," he called to her softly as he approached her bed. Hearing his voice, Mayah began to tremble and cry out in both fear and pain. "Carino, calm down." he instructed to her. Seeing as how she was in no condition to sit up, he bent down to see her face. He grinned at the fact that he saw nothing but fear on her face. The fight in her eyes was replaced with pain and suffering. Satisfied with his results he stood up and turned to the doctor. "Give her something for the pain. Not to much. She needs to feel the consequences of her actions."

Marco headed out of her room and back to his office. Once she was somewhat healed, he planned to have the wedding. He had a lot of planning to do.