Chapter 10

Mayah awoke to find herself in the same room as before. Her neck was sore from the injection spot. As she maneuvered herself off the bed she nearly tripped on something. "Not again," she whispered as she looked down at her ankle only to see a cable that ran from the cuff around her ankle to the middle of the floor. She bent down to pull at the cable.

"Ah, Carino...good to see your awake." he said as her head snapped towards him. She didn't hear him enter. "We have some work to do." He took out a key and tossed it to her. "Hurry up and undo yourself."

She silently followed his instructions, not daring to make a sound. Once she freed herself from her restraints, she handed him back the key and followed him out of the room.

"I thought about you a lot, Mayah." he said as they walked. "Did you think about me?" he stopped at a set of double doors staring at her. When she didn't respond, he reached out to stroke her cheek and smiled as she flinched. "That's okay, I'm about to fix that...Let's go." he instructed. He opened the door to what she saw to be his new office. As she followed him in, she felt her pulse quicken. At his desk sat a large man covered in tattoos, but what caught her attention was what he was doing. He was setting up an assortment of needles and ink. He was there to do a tattoo. Her tattoo again. She backed away to try and escape the way she came but Marco forcefully grabbed her by her arm dragging her towards the tattooed man.

"No! Please!" she fought as hard as she could to free herself from his grip but she was unsuccessful.

"Carino. Don't struggle. Don't fight it," he said pushing her down in a chair. When she did not comply, he yanked her head back by her hair. "You're acting like you've never had a tattoo in your life. I was hoping you would behave this time around." He said as he reached across the table and pulled out a box. "I believe you need something to help you behave." His voice came out in a growl.

"No, please . I'll sit still!" she pleaded as he pulled a shock collar from the box. Ignoring her, he fastened it around her neck, locking it with a tiny key. Once she heard the final click she immediately stopped struggling.

"Now. You are going to get my mark touched up." He yanked her head back again, making her wince in pain. "Don't make your punishment any worse than it has to be." he whispered taking a seat across from her. "You may begin." He leaned back with an evil smile on his face.

Mayah cried silently as the needle scraped across the skin on the inside of her wrists. Afraid to be shocked, she didn't dare attempt to wipe the tears that fell freely from her eyes. She occasionally glanced at her wrists every time the tattooist would wipe at her skin. She could tell that he didn't seem at all comfortable with forcibly tattooing someone. He ran his gloved finger slowly over the scars on one of her wrists that Marco was making him cover up after he finishes the tattoo touch up.

"He said you could pick the design around the letters," he said quietly. "Do you know what you want?"

She shook her head. How could he expect her to try and pick out a design for something she doesn't even want?

"If you don't pick one Carino, I will," he said. He stood up and walked over to inspect her wrists. "What happened to your brand?" He had his assumptions as to how the tattoos became deformed with scars on and all around them. "I won't ask twice." He pulled out the remote to her collar. When she still didn't respond, he pressed the button making her scream out in agony.

"What the hell?" The tattoo artist shot up from his chair to grab her.

"Dont." Marco warned him before turning his attention back to Mayah. "What happened to your brand?" When she still didn't respond, he lifted his hand to press the button but stopped at the tattooed man's outburst.

"Jesus Christ! Just tell him what he wants to know!" he shouted. He couldn't stand watching him shook her again. "Please," he begged.

"Okay," she choked out. She wasn't sure how Marco was going to react once he finds out how she took a razor blade to his brand on her body to disfigure it. She remembered how panicked Adriano and when he saw her bleeding the day he went to pick her up from home. He calmed down once he understood that she wasn't trying to commit suicide, she only wanted to get rid of the hideous words written Old English font.

"I'm waiting Carino," he gritted out.

"I cut it!" she cried out. " I cut my brand!" She shrunk back squeezing her eyes closed anticipating another shock or even a smack for punishment but neither came.

Marco let out a sigh in an attempt to calm himself. "Sit up and pick your design. I will deal with you later." He spun around and headed back to his seat across from Mayah seething with rage.

She reached for the mans designs book with shaky hands and began to flip through the pages. He sat patiently waiting for her to find a design so he could finish and get out of there. He was told someone needed his fiance's tattoo fixed for some easy cash but they didn't tell him it was by force. When he realized the girl had made it to the back of the book without picking anything out he reached out and gently grabbed the book. "How about I find one," he said giving her a reassuring smile. She nodded and leaned forward putting her arms out for him.

"All done," he said wiping at Mayah's arm. "There are instructions you will need to follow to make sure these heal correctly and don't get infected." He gently wrapped her wrists to cover the tattoos. Once he was finished bandaging her, he leaned forward and looked into her eyes. "Please...I don't know what the hell is going on here but please follow the directions." Mayah nodded as another lone tear slid down her cheek.

"Ah, Mateo. Your work looks great. We can use someone like you around here. You would be well paid." Marco said to Mateo as he packed up his inks.

"No thanks." he said not looking up. He had no intentions of coming back again, no matter how good of an offer he threw at him.

"Mateo, you should just accept my offer. I guarantee it will be worth it." He reached out and pulled Mayah out of the chair wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

"Thanks for the offer but I'm good. I did this as a favor to a buddy." he responded.

"Then I trust you know how to keep your mouth shut?" said Marco dropping an envelope full of cash on the table.

He nodded as he grabbed the envelope giving Mayah a sad look. He felt guilty leaving her there after he tattooed her against her will.

"Good. I might drop in from time to time...until I find a permanent tattoo artist" he chuckled as he steered Mayah out of the room.