43. He Belives In Us

Start from the beginning

Because for us, the line is thinner and so, so much closer.

Words cannot express how much I love both of you; how much I want you two to be happier.

Never stop being who you are.

Never forget me, I know it might be hard, but I would love to see that I'm alive in at least someone's memory.

Live your lives, guys.

Live for yourself.

I believe in you both.

I love you guys with all my heart,

Hoseok

By the time the pair finished reading, they had turned to look at each other. It wasn't long before the mist in their eyes turned into full-fledged tears, the aching sadness biting at them so profoundly that it turned into anger. They were already mad about his death, but now that they knew Kkangpae did it, now that they knew Hoseok was killed all because he was trying to do a good thing. The words found homes in their minds, pumping in their veins along with their blood, blending with the oxygen in their lungs and fueling the fire that was burning in the pit of their stomachs.

"I really am going to kill them," Jungkook muttered under his breath

"Where does that leave us, Jungkook?" Jiah's lips were trembling and, with one look at her, Jungkook found himself ready to punch a wall. He loved that she wasn't afraid to show her vulnerable side to him, but at the same time, he hated that it made him want to crush everything that made her that way.

"I don't know, Jiah."

"Does that mean we just wait? We just watch the world pass by and do nothing? Because there's nothing we can do."

"There is though, Hoseok said to-"

"He said to what? Stop the organ donations? Jungkook, you think we can do that? Stop our boss? Stop the man who's been running this mafia shit for forty years? I'm sorry to break it to you, honey, we can't."

"Don't call me honey," his eyebrows furrowed as he let the words sink in. We can't.

"Hoseok said to."

"He did but-"

"He said he believes in us," Jiah turned to look at him, and that's when she realised his eyes were trained at the laptop screen, "He believes in us."

"Jungkook-"

"We can't let him die for nothing, Jiah. We need to continue what he started; we need to do this."

"It'll be impossible, Jungkook. They're way too powerful, they-"

"He said it himself, the man we were ordered to kill has been trying to do it for so long. We just need to help him, and hope we don't get caught-"

"And killed."

He nodded, "And killed."

"But, fuck," Jungkook walked over to the couch in two strides, slumping into it, "If they found out about Hoseok and Seokjin trying to leave," he started, "Do you think they know about Diamond and Saturn?"

Jiah's head snapped in his direction, "Why would you say that? Why would you even think that?"

"I don't know, just doesn't hurt to be prepared," he sighed, "You know if they found out we told them, if they found out you're dating Diamond, they're dead, right?"

His words echoed in her mind, creating a nest and were refusing to leave. They're dead. Their boss wouldn't hesitate to put a bullet through both their heads if he knew.

And, while she had already known the gravity of her choices, after Hoseok's letter and realising all that was happening, all her insecurities about loving Taehyung came back to haunt her.

They're dead.

Two simple words. Two simple words that settled down in her head, laid out their tents and set up camp. Two words that were there to stay.

They were there to stay, and they were there to haunt her.