13. Tell Me You're Joking

"Jimin

"Jimin. Jimin, Jimin, Jimin," Taehyung was agitatedly knocking at Jimin's front door, his voice echoing through the empty 10 pm air in the corridor of his hotel.

"What Tae!" Jimin's frustrated reply was much louder, as he pulled the door open with a lot of force - too much force - to reveal him tying his robe and glaring up at his best friend, dishevelled hair in the way.

Taehyung knew exactly what he was interrupting but he didn't really care.

"When I asked you to file those accounts before," Jimin rolled his eyes, about to open his mouth to tell his best friend off for invading his home at night to talk about work, but Taehyung continued, "Did you see one in there about a mailing company?"

"What?" his was truly confused, "Kim Taehyung, please tell me you did not just knock on my door - like a madman - this late at night to ask me that."

"Jimin, can you answer me."

"I don't know, Tae, I don't remember!"

He let out a frustrated sigh, "If you didn't have it Jimin, there's only one other place it could have gone. Please, please tell me you have it."

Now Jimin was becoming less annoyed and more concerned, his friend almost never begged him for anything like this.

"What is it?"

"I already told you the docum-,"

"No, what was it about?"

Taehyung put his foot forward to walk into Jimin's apartment, but stopped. "Wanna come over so we can talk?"

"Taehyung, you need to fucking tell me what's wrong, right now."

This time he took in a deep breath and leaned in toward Jimin.

"I don't want your friend to hear," his whispered before walking out of the door and to his own home, not before turning over his shoulder one last time, motioning that he'll be waiting for him inside.

This time Jimin walked in and flopped onto Taehyung's couch while waiting for him.

"You better have a good fucking reason for this, or I swea-" before Jimin could finish his sentence, Taehyung walked into the room, one hand in his slacks' pocket and the other turning the TV on with a remote.

On it was playing the clip Taehyung had seen on the news just earlier, about the Italian mafia depositing their money into a Korean bank, but this time the list of mafia included some in Mexico and North America.

Jimin bit his lip, slowly turning to his friend, "Okay, this is bad I guess... but why am I watching this?"

Taehyung ran his fingers through his hair, frustrated, annoyed, collapsing next to Jimin on the sofa.

"Jimin, I think that's our bank."

He erupted into a loud laugh, slapping Taehyung's shoulder, "That's funny. I can't believe you would joke about something like that when you know we could never afford that happening to our company."