03. Jiah I

tw: violence,,, please skip forward if you need!

"Would it surprise you that people keep bringing me your name?" Park Jungwoo asked, staring down at the woman in front of him. "They're all very impressed."

Jiah stayed cool, glancing up, otherwise going still. "Thank you." She would have expected a superior at some point, a lieutenant possibly, not him personally. The leader of the Kkangpae gang very rarely met with his own members.

Clever eyes bore into their skin. "In fact, I'd go so far as to say you're perfect."

It was the only warning she got before a weapon was leveled at her, and she didn't think before defending herself. Breathing hard when she realized what she'd done.

Instantly, a dozen guns were leveled at Jiah's head. Her heart turned rabbit quick and - and the leader grinned. "I don't trust perfect things."

"You don't need to trust them, you just need to use them."

Jungwoo gestured the weapons aimed at her away, with a casual gesture. "Walk with me."

Jiah was used to guns pointed at her, knives thrown at her and having to look over her shoulder wherever she went, but having someone do exactly that while complimenting her skills sure was new.

"I have a new mission for you, and a few others," Jungwoo had said now that they were in a secluded room. "It needs to be taken care of well, and fast."

Looking to his left, she saw a bulletin board, pictures scattered throughout, "Is that our mission?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

He nodded, "We think our business has been compromised at one of our branches," she rolled her eyes, she wasn't a big fan of that side of their gang, "And we need to make sure we're safe."

"So what do you want me to do?"

"Like I said, we need to make sure we're safe."

"Mhm," she dared hum in front of her leader.

"So we need intel."

"No," Jungkook lowered his glass, glaring at Jiah.

Jiah furrowed her eyebrows. "Why not! Jungkook, you're literally the only person I trust. You know that."

"Yeah but I don't fuck with the drugs side of our gang, you know that."

"Jungkoo-,"

"Besides, how do they expect you to get this intel? Hack into their computers? That's the lamest trick in the book."

"Jungkook..." she warned, and this made him stop talking, slowly turning his head toward her. Jiah would often raise her voice, use her fists or even threaten with her guns at times, but when she used this tone he knew it was never a good idea to test her.

Sighing, he brought the drink back to his lips, "Fuck you, Shadow."

Lifting her eyebrows quickly as a sign of victory, she took his glass from him and downed the rest of it.

"Now we gotta think of ways to get the information we need," she shook her head, "I mean - our leader needs."

"Can't we just do it the easy way?" Jungkook gestured for the bartender to fill up his drink.

"And what's that?"

He made a motion as to slit his throat, "What we always do."

"How are we going to get any information if they're not breathing you asshat."

"I sense this mission being no fun, at all," he deadpanned, turning his barstool to face her properly, "So what's the plan then?"