29. Two Days

tw: violence,,, please skip forward if you need!

It had been two days.

Two days of Jungkook and Jiah sitting in their living room. In silence.

Two days of Jiah punching at their boxing bag, at the wall, at the couch, anything she could touch.

Two days of Jungkook yelling at the top of his lungs over the bliss of the Han river, at the innocent sky, the serene ocean.

It was so frustrating, knowing that nothing they did, nothing they said, nothing they fucking punched so hard it made them bleed would ever bring him back.

While Jiah was in the living room, she faintly heard Jungkook get up and walk out.

And not too long after, she heard a loud crash in the bathroom.

Jiah leapt up, running into the room and saw Jungkook standing there, fists clasped tightly around the blade of a knife.

"Oh my God, Jungkook!" she reached forward, trying to ungrip his fingers from the knife. The amount of blood dripping from his hand was painful for her, despite having seen him bleed before.

"Get off me!" he yelled back, but she tried her best not to move.

"Do you think he would have wanted you to act like this?" Jiah's fists clenched to keep from shoving. "Because I don't!"

"Don't you dare tell me what he would have wanted-"

"-Why not? I loved him too!" Jiah's voice shook and she dug her nails in even harder into her palms. "I loved him too," softer. "And it hurts. It fucking hurts. He died, he left us, and he took all the light out of the world with him, right?"

Jungkook's breath choked, teeth bared in a snarl, eyes squeezing shut. "Don't..."

"Feels like being flayed alive. Like you want to rip up the whole world for daring to keep going without him, right? For acting like he wasn't everything."

Jungkook crumbled, "I just want him back."

In an instant Jiah was at his side, catching him. Steadying him.

"I know Jungkook. I know," she fell to her knees too, cradling his cheeks, struggling to catch his eyes. "But not like this."

--

She remembered the last time she saw him. He was going on and on about the small town he planned to go with Seokjin. How it was perfect to live in, with a small IT firm that he had wanted to join, Seokjin's degree would help him become a real estate agent there for all the new houses that had just recently been built. He had such high hopes to find his love, build a family, just grow up and have a normal life.

And she wanted it for him. She wanted it for him so bad.

Storms grew over her head, the damned world she was in had no right to do that to him.