43. He Belives In Us

Start from the beginning

"Huh?"

"George Orwell wrote a book called 1984."

His eyes grew wide, joining her at his computer, "Okay, but what about it?"

"Could the next three digits be a page number?"

"My God- Jiah, that's smart!"

She scoffed, "Why do you say that like you're surprised?"

He liked the little change in the atmosphere, "So what's on page 186?" he asked, nudging her to turn back to the computer.

Sitting down in the chair, she typed the page number into the finder.

And like that, it was like they had time travelled, all the way back to when Hoseok was here. As if he was sitting at the same laptop and was typing out a letter, for whoever was going to find it.

Jiah, Jungkook, I hope this letter finds you well.

Firstly, I'm sorry I haven't told you the truth. I'm sorry that I thought it would have been better for all of us if you guys didn't know what was really happening. That night you were attacked, Jiah, they thought you knew, and that's when I realised that even when I thought I was protecting you both, I was still putting you guys at risk.

The fact that you're reading this means it's too late, and that I wasn't able to fix anything. I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you guys had to go through all this in the dark, without me telling you what was happening. But if I'm gone, you both need to know.

Kkangpae is harvesting organs now. It's a fairly new business for our gang, but they've been kidnapping girls and planning on taking their organs without their consent. It disgusts me thinking about it, especially knowing my brother was involved.

I was able to free some of the girls he was assigned to transport, but what's to say there aren't many more?

Our mission was simple from the beginning; killing Jung Hyungsik. But you definitely shouldn't let that happen, guys. Jung Hyungsik has been trying to stop the gang's business of organ harvesting even before they started when it was just an idea. He was so strongly against it that our boss has been trying to kill him for so long. But he's a smart guy; he's been able to escape, flee the country, put obstacles in the way in order to stop them.

Listen to me, our gang might cloud our judgement, but there's a line we cannot cross. Jung Hyungsik knows where that line is, and you need to as well.

You cannot kill him. You need to work with him to get out of this.

Another thing, Jiah, if you aren't careful... you're going to be next. I'm not too sure if you've figured it out already, but your blood is extremely rare, and our Boss has the same blood type as you. He's dying, and he's dying really fast. He has no time to look for another person to replace his organs with, once your mission is 'complete' you're not going to have enough time before he runs after you.

Please be careful.

I think they've found out that I've talked to Jung Hyungsik, and that I know what's going on. I think they know I want to take my brother far, far away from this all and that I wish to just to live a normal life.

But, no matter how far we run, this life follows us. We can't escape, and I'm terrified that I won't be able to.

If you're reading this, that means I wasn't able to, but that's what I expected.

At least I tried right?

We all know this stupid crap is for life, but let's make sure we don't cross the line.