"He knows you don't like him, Ryan," I add and Ryan glances to me with a frown. I look back to the driver and I hold one finger up before reaching across Ryan to roll his window up. I stay leaned over with my face close to Ryan's as I say, "I think we should meet. I want answers too and I just had an idea," I tell him. I can tell he's already wanting to say hell no so I quickly add, "I can no longer participate in the pageant, but the Cunninghams don't know that. I say we meet with him during the pageant. Not at the pageant because the Cunninghams will be there but at another location. We know where Dot and Kit will be, so it's the safest time to meet elsewhere."

"If they are monitoring you they would assume you'll be in Oxford too," Ryan admits and I nod. I lean back over him and roll the window back down. 

"Tell Sebastian to meet us at my sunrise spot. He'll know where that is," I tell the driver and Ryan snaps his gaze to me, "Why are you so trusting to meet in the middle of a wooded area? And can we be on the same page before you give out any further instructions?" I once again hold one finger up to the driver and reach across Ryan to roll his window back up. In a low voice, I lean into Ryan's ear, "It's right off the golf course, so there will be footage of Bash arriving. Going to the country club is hardly odd, but his phone will lose service as soon as he crosses the boundary line. He's just as exposed and off the grid as we'll be." For some reason, my gut is telling me to trust Bash. I know something is off but I don't view him as a threat. Ryan locks eyes with me and as they dart back and forth I beg him to trust me. He releases a long sigh, "You came up with that awfully fast. I can't tell if I should be worried or in awe." He rolls the window back down and the driver clears his throat and asks, "I'll relay the message to Mr. Crawford then? Assuming he understands your request, when shall he meet you?"

"Saturday at one." Ryan replies and the driver nods before walking back to the car. We watch as he gets in and after a few moments, we suddenly see a hand come out the back window. He gives us a thumbs up and the town car pulls back onto the road. 

"I hardly feel you thought that through," Ryan snaps to me, bewildered that I just set up the rendezvous. 

"Sebastian clearly knows we were just at Veronica's office. We want to know why he's hiding stuff and my guess is he wants to know what we told her. After Poppy's death, the club installed cameras all around the parameter of the golf course. Sebastian will think he's off the grid, but if anything goes down, there will be footage of him leaving the ninth hole and Austin can monitor the cameras while we talk."

"I don't like this," Ryan says as he rubs his palm down his face. 

"Don't you think it's better that we have the upper hand? I chose the meeting place, you chose the time, he asked for both of us. I can't imagine they'd have enough time to create and execute a plan if he didn't know if and where I would meet." I tell him confidently, but now I am wondering if I am being too trusting. I don't know what the Cunninghams are capable of and I am assuming the driver was honest in that it was Sebastian in the car. Except, if it was one of the Cunninghams, they'd have no idea where my secret spot is.  

"Am I driving to your mother's and heading in the back way or am I going to the club?" Ryan asks me. 

"My mother's. If they are following his vehicle, it will look like he's headed to the country club. No need to put us at the same place," I reply and he glances to the clock. 

"That doesn't give us much time," Ryan says as he slowly pulls back onto the road. 

"We have an entire day to discuss. My mother lives ten minutes from us and it's another twenty to get to the spot. Plenty of time." 

He shakes his head, "No, I'm talking about having enough time for Austin to drop off recording devices and then gaining permission from the club to view the monitors."

"Listening devices?" I ask him and he nods, "I don't think Sebastian will want any surprises, so I can see him checking for wires. We need something inconspicuous and I don't trust phones." He quickly pulls his own phone out and Austin immediately answers. Ryan fills him in and Austin worries about the short time frame. 

"I can figure out what devices I can borrow, but I am going to have to have a very compelling reason to take over the courses security devices," Austin warns. 

"Tell the truth. Everyone knows about his case, they might want to help," I offer but Ryan shakes his head, "We can't trust that someone won't blab, wanting to be involved in the biggest case of the year."

"Is it still Miles Gray as the head of security there?" I ask 

"I don't think there have been changes since Poppy's case," Austin replies. 

"He's in love with Margot. Bring her to ask, think of something. Y'all were in the F.B.I," I casually tell them. 

"You want me to use my wife to gain access?" Austin snaps back. 

"You used your sister for work plenty of times! Margot can start pitching in!" I snap back. Ryan holds his hand up to me to calm down before saying, "Okay, nothing needs to be done right now, this can be discussed further tonight." We all agree and Austin tells us we'll strategize at his house. Ryan hangs up right as we turn onto the road that leaves downtown Hollis and I point right as I say, "We're heading right past Gus's work. Mind if I stop in and see if he's around? I haven't seen him since the hospital." I catch his frown and add, "Hey can I pretend to have a normal life for five minutes and check in on a friend?" At that, he veers right and I lead him to Blackwood's Lumber.