Chapter 59: Meeting Him

"Mei Rin," I called our new maiden, and she scurried over to me. Her red hair blew in the want winds as we stood out on the front yard. I wore a blue dress with silver diamond embellished in the fabric, a bow was set in the middle on my chest, had white gloves on my arms, and my neck was covered by a four layered diamond necklace; Maddie's choice. Maddie wore a pink dress with red ribbons, and a red satin bow that was pinned in her black hair. Sebastian wore his natural black attire with a wide purple necktie, but I pinned one of the Dahlia flowers he bought me to his shirt so he could match. He handed Mei Rin a sheet of paper with a written schedule on it and she stared at the writing.
"This is to be finished later this Evening. Can you manage that?" Sebastian asked and Mei Rin straightened her back and raised her hand to her head, salute position. "Yes Sir!" She exclaimed.
"Good." I said and turned to Maddie who held her white umbrella over her head. "Now sister, things could be odd at this gathering, so I would like for you to keep everything you know to yourself."
Maddie nodded in reply and made way for the carriage. As she headed off, I heard footsteps from behind me. Matilda stood next to me with her night attire on, and she rubbed her eyes. "Mommy? When will you be back?" She asked, and I patted her jumbled hair. After kissing her forehead, I smiled down at her. "Mommy will be back soon."
Matilda smiled at me happily, showing her little teeth. "Until then, Maiden Mei Rin will be playing with you."
Matilda jumped in excitement and hugged Mei Rin, tugging on her dress non stop. "I'll see you soon!" I called, and Matilda waved as we left for the carriage, where Maddie waited. She fiddled with her dress and stared out the window. Maybe she was nervous because I explained to her before that Sir Hildago might be a dangerous man. I hate bringing her with me on the job, but I have to make it seem like we aren't up to anything. Suddenly Maddie looked at me and her eyes grew wide and her smile brightened. "Christmas is coming my dear sister! Aren't you excited?" She asked and intwined her fingers with mine, making the gloves we wore rub harshly against my skin. I smiled at her sudden change and nodded. "Yes, it'll be great this year." I knew she was covering up her nervous for me, but she didn't need to hide how she felt about this.

I stepped from the carriage onto the concrete while taking hold of Sebastian's hand. Many guests had arrived before us and were chatting amongst themselves in the enormous backyard. The sun was near sunset, and the hanging lights among the trees began to light up. I looked over at Maddie who was pressing her lips together and holding her hands together tightly. I placed my right hand on her left shoulder and smiled. "Go and have fun. We'll be here quite a while." I suggested. Maddie smiled. "All right." She walked out and disappeared into the crowd. I wish she would just talk to me, but maybe I shouldn't ponder too much about it. "You attended the party, how wonderful!" A voice called, and I turned to see Sir Hildago walk up to us with a wine glass in his hand. "Sir Hildago," I called, "My dear sister and I seemed unfair about your idea so we wanted to celebrate your new addition to the family." I bowed politely and smiled, making everything seem believable. He laughed and scratched his head. "No, not at all, but thank you for celebrating with me." He replied. "The new baby is inside with my wife, so feel free to pay a visit."
I nodded in reply and turned to Sebastian as Sit Hildago walked off to greet other guests. "Sebastian, I'll go pay a visit to his child and as I do this, pay close attention to the guests." I ordered.
"It shall be done." Sebastian replied. We parted ways, and I headed to the back door.

As I walked through, the smell of vanilla and cookie mix surrounded me. The sweet aroma lured me into a large living room where a fire was burning and lighting up the dim area. On a pink love seat sat a woman in a white fur robe and a rocking crib set beside her. A tall green tree was propped beside the fireplace covered in red, blue and green ornaments and ribbons. A glittering silver star was set on the top, finishing off the decorations. The woman gently rocked the crib as the fireplace crackled lightly. The faint sound of piano keys was audible as I stepped closer inside the room. "Hello, Madame Jallerie." She called without turning her head and continued to rock the crib. I made my way over and stood two feet away from the crib. An adorable baby was sound asleep, sighing lightly. "He was born last week," she began and finally raised her head to me, "His name is Elijah."
"Elijah Hildago?" I asked and took a step forward. The mother replied with a nod and placed a hand on her stomach, gently rubbing the center. "And a beautiful baby sister is on her way." She smiled to herself. Another baby? I gazed down at the sleeping child and smiled. I had never had a brother before and seeing a young boy like him made me smile even bigger. The blue cap he wore was loose over his head and a big red blacker covered him as he slept. "Im so happy that I was able to have him." Madame Hildago slowly pushed the crib, letting it rock by itself as she stood from her seat. "But most of all, I'm glad you came to see us." She grabbed my hands and squeezed my wrists tightly. Her silver wedding ring shimmered from the fireplace glow, and her night gown flew briskly under her. Her red hair flowed down her back, her eyes were light green, and her lips were a pretty pink shade. She sighed and looked over at the shimmering tree, a smile on her face grew wider. She released my hands and twirled in circles in the center of the room, allowing her dress to circulate around her. "Can you believe he surprised me with all this?" She asked and stood in front of the fireplace and gazed lovingly at a picture. "I can believe now that I see." I said. "He really seems to love you." I glanced at Elijah and he twitched a little in his sleep, sighing sweetly. I watched him carefully as his arms moved along the small bed. He frowned and kicked his legs, and trying to keep him quiet, I gently rocked the crib. "Its okay," I whispered, "she's right here." Elijah pouted as his body relaxed once again. Everything was quiet, and I slowly released the crib from my hold, letting it rock by itself. Turning to Madame Hildago I saw her eyeing me. I felt my body tense up, and I averted my eyes. "Amazing." she complimented me. I frowned.
"Pardon me?"
"No one has been able to calm him down except for me. It's truly incredible!" She exclaimed. Her eyes lit up and she gasped. "You must have children!"
My face heated up instantly and I bounded from my position, backing into her wall. "Ah! No! I do not. I am completely free from any one!" I shook my hands in frustration and tried to fake a smile. Madame Hildago giggled, walking towards me. "Shall I ask how you are you so family oriented then?" She waited for an answer, and I really tried to find one. "Oh," I remembered, "I have a child I'm protecting at home." Her eyes danced in delight, and she rubbed her hand on my cheek. "You must take good care of her." She quickly stepped away from me and gazed through the window, watching the guests frolic. "What about that butler of yours?" She asked. I shook at her question and quickly shrugged my shoulders. "What do you mean?"
"He's a fine young fellow. Are you sure you don't see him in another way than just your butler?"
I frowned at her and she laughed. "I'm just teasing dear, of course you wouldn't have feelings for a butler." She laughed as she pranced over to the baby crib once more and began humming. Elijah opened his eyes and they sparkled a dashing blue color. I looked at Madame Hildago as she hummed and shook my head.
That's where your wrong, Madame.

I am quite in love with him.