Chapter 71: Bound Together

I had been trying to move Hunter for the past two hours. He simply wouldn't obey like he usually would. I tugged on his leash with all my physical strength, but Hunter wouldn't move a muscle. "Come now, boy!" I called, "I don't have time for this!" I yanked his collar, and he finally stood from his sitting position. He ran off towards someone behind me, and I turned around to find Mei Rin with a large pot of raw meats. He knocked the pot from her hands, and she let out a squeal, "No, Hunter! That was for the Mistress, yes it was!" Mei Rin stamped her feet against the ground and began to panic. I walked over, and as she saw me, she lost her mind.
"I'm so sorry, Madame!" She cried. "I brought the fresh meats as Sir Sebastian asked of me, but I'm afraid they've been ruined!"
"Calm down," I said and eyed Hunter, "It wasn't truly your fault."
He began to whimper as he chewed on a large bloody piece of meat. He's been acting so differently lately. I guess it won't help thinking about it. I looked at Mei Rin, "Continue your duty."
"Yes'm!" She scurried off into the manor without hesitation, leaving me with Hunter. I sighed and decided to leave the demon hound to the maidens. I had no time nor the patience to be dealing with the animal.
The sound of horses caught me off guard, and I noticed Madame Harland's carriage heading off down the road from the manor. I raised by dress and ran into the manor, thinking I'd have to scold Sebastian. I opened the main hall doors and found him cleaning the table. "Jae, are you all right?" He asked and removed the table cloth. "How did it go?" I asked practically out of breath. He threw the table cloth into a large bin and tilted his head, smiling,"Excellent. She agreed to work with us, and she will start next month."
I signed and placed my hands on my hips. "I knew I could trust you." I shook my head as the memory of Matilda and across my mind. Where could she have gone? Why would she run off without saying anything? Sebastian suddenly came behind me and grabbed a hold of my waist. "Don't feel so uneasy, Madame." He whispered.
"How?" I asked. "If anything is to happen it'd be on my watch."
"I assure you, everything will be fine." He gripped onto my waist, and I shook my head. "But what-," Sebastian's other hand covered my mouth, and I closed my eyes. "Please just take a moment to think things through." He whispered. I inhaled and exhaled slowly, trying to calm my heart. His body was now closer than before, and I felt myself shaking. This close, it felt horrifying. Sebastian's fingertips caressed my cheek, and I felt my body go numb. It was quiet. His movements seemed to be speaking for him, and I understood everything.
His hand caressed my waist: "Do not worry, it is incredibly bad for your health."
His other hand that had been caressing my lips, swiftly began to twirl my hair: "Set your mind at ease and feel the burden memories fall away."
I grabbed his hand that rested upon my waist, and our fingers intertwined. My other hand held his, and I leaned my cheek into his palm. The warm feeling of his soft gloves made me blush.

Sebastian's POV:
She closed her eyes and rubbed her cheek into my hand. I smiled at her and squeezed her hand that was on her waist. I'm becoming fully aware of how she feels about me now. The more she expresses the more I worry. "Jae." I called and held her closer.
She turned her head over her shoulder and made eye contact with me. I couldn't help but notice how her lovingly soft lips were slightly parted. Without hesitation, I pressed my lips against hers, and I could feel her return the gesture. Her hand held the side of my face, and she rose upon her toes just a bit. Our lips parted for a split second, and I leaned in once again. I had no thought on what I was doing, but Jae wouldn't object to it. She closed her eyes and so did I.

Sebastian's hands moved me around, and I was now facing him. His lips were soft, and I couldn't think straight. He parted from me, and I placed my hands on his chest. I finally realized what happened and I stared into his eyes.
I truly loved him. He was a demon, yet he was my protector as well. He cupped my face in his hands and smiled.

We were together.
And we would remain together.
For we are bound together, until the soulful deal is fulfilled.