Chapter 49: My Butler Surprising

He stopped and pulled away from me. His eyes glowed red as he stared at me. "Are you calm now?" I suddenly fel hurt. He just wanted to calm me? Well, it worked, so I should be happy.  I smiled in reply, feeling better. Suddenly, the library door opened, and Maddie shot through. "Jallerie! Hurry now!" She called, and I looked up at her. "Right! I'm sorry."

Sebastian stood up and reached a hand to me. I stood up and smiled at him. "Thank you." I said and blushed. Sebastian smiled, giving me chills again.

With every step I took, I felt my body become more and more weak. I bit my bottom lip and tried to keep my self standing tall. Sebastian opened the door to the dining hall, and I saw Matilda playing with our guests. My Aunt's long brown hair fell to her back, she wore a lovely purple dress with a white ribbon wrapped around her waist, and her brown skin was completely flawless. When she looked at me, my heart raced. They looked at me with surprised expressions, and I couldn't speak at all. I had finally seen them, after so many years. My Uncle stared at me, and tears began to fill my eyes again. He had my Father's hair and hazel eyes. My Aunt slowly walked up to me and held her hand to my face. "Jallerie." She softly called my name, and tears fell from her eyes. "You're so grown up. It's been so long. Longer than I can remember." She gave me a big hug, and I smiled, allowing my tears to shed. My Uncle came beside her and smiled. He wiped my face and laughed. "You are very beautiful."

Matilda tugged on his pants and smiled happily. "Is she yours?" My Aunt asked and patted Matilda on her head. "Yes, but-"

"Who's the lucky man?" My Uncle interrupted, and I blushed. Maddie stood beside me and laughed while shaking her hands. "No no!" She cried,"Jae isn't married."

"Oh, so you're an adopted one. How special!" My Aunt said and picked up Matilda. Matilda seemed completely happy around them, and the thought made me smile. I suddenly remembered Sebastian was here with us, and I turned to him. While they were talking, I walked over to him and smiled. "Would you like to introduce yourself?" I asked. Sebastian smiled. "Of course."

As we joined them, my Aunt looked at Sebastian. She frowned a little at him and tilted her head slightly to the side. "Who might this be?" She asked and sat Matilda down. "My name," Sebastian began, "is Sebastian Michaelis, butler of Madame Jae Drowed. Nice to meet you."

My Uncle smiled at his gesture, reminding me of my Father's handsome face. I miss him so much, it's hard not to remember. My Aunt continued to watch him with a frown on her face. She looked at his attire, unimpressed. I was right; she hated the color black. Maddie seemed noticed and jumped in. "Shall we introduce you to our current visiter, Sir Snake?" Maddie gestured them to the other side of the ballroom where Snake was standing, wearing a white and silver suit. Two snakes were wrapped around his neck, and his beautiful white hair was combed back showing his eyes. Snake cleans up better than I expected. I turned to Sebastian who was looking at me with a smile on his face. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing at all." He replied. "You seem better than before."

"Yes. Although, I don't think my Aunt likes your attire color."

"Oh, how unfortunate."

"Do you think you could change your color?"

"Of course," Sebastian looked at me with a devilish smile, and I frowned, "as soon as they invent something darker."

I laughed at his little joke. Sebastian was correct; I felt much better than before. But now, there was something else I was thinking about. Where had they been all this time? What if they start asking more questions? I guess I shouldn't worry, for they are too in love with Matilda. I looked over at them as they laughed and carried on with their conversation. It's been so many years since I had seen them, and those many years had passed in the blink of an eye. I smiled unconsciously, and Sebastian looked down at me with red eyes. "Madame," He called, "would you like to join them?"

"No, I'm fine." I replied and smiled at him. "I'm perfectly fine."

I noticed I was standing closer to him than usual, and my face heated up once again. It's been six years. Six long years and Sebastian was always surprising me in any way possible. I remembered the first time we met perfectly.