Chapter 55: Sebastian's Irritation?

I opened my eyes to find the ceiling of the room brightened by the sun light shining through the window. I sat up and stretched my arms and yawned. "Ah," Sebastian's voice echoed through the room, and I saw him standing by the bed. "I see you have woken, Jae." I smiled at him and removed the sheets from my legs, letting the warm air comfort them. "Good morning." I replied and stood up. The hard wood floor made the soles of my feet grow cold and I frowned. I guess I'm not used to getting out of bed without knowing the warm carpet isn't there. I sighed and shook my head. Suddenly the door creaked opened and Anna entered with a blue dress. "Good morning. I have come to give you new clothes, Madame." Anna bowed. "Thank you." I replied, and Anna smiled. She seemed different from before, and the feeling made me fill with joy. "Please come this way." Anna grabbed my hand and led me out the door. But, Sebastian is supposed to change me. "Sebast-" Anna brought me out of the room and I couldn't see Sebastian's face anymore. Why am I so upset?
-
Sebastian's POV:
What an unexpected place to call a Church. The place is completely damaged by the front sanctuary where the bodies lay. It's amazing how someone or something could have killed ten people in one strike at one time. They may be as impressive as I am. The tapping of heels caught me off guard, and I inhaled the fragrance of soap. "Sebastian." I turned around and saw Jae enter the room with Mrs.Henderson. Jae wore a long blue dress that exposed the lower half of her right leg with blue heels, and she had a white rose in her hair. I may have felt my face heat but I can never tell. Jae also had white gloves on and her face was flushed. "Sorry to keep you waiting, Sebastian." She said and rubbed her right arm. She seemed embarrassed about wearing the attire. I smiled at her. "Honestly, you look beautiful." I assured her, and a smile appeared on her face. Mrs. Henderson suddenly placed her hands on Jae's shoulders and giggled. "My brother would like a word with you, Madame."
Jae turned to her and nodded. She gave me a quick glance and smiled. "Sebastian, come with me and fetch Sir Snake." It was time to work as we planned. "Yes, my Mistress." Time to begin.
-
"You look gorgeous!" James exclaimed. "Just as I thought, you are the most beautiful woman I've seen." James grabbed my hand once more and kissed it gently. He's being too nice to me. Is he up to something? "Thank you, but what would you like to speak with me about?" I asked and held my hands behind my back. James eyed Sebastian, who was crinkling his nose in annoyance. He looked at James with sharp eyes and stood next to me cautiously. Snake watched both of them with a curious expression on his face as Oscar slithered around his neck."I wanted to discuss your work here." James relaxed as his gaze fell upon me. His brown eyes captured my sight, and I couldn't break away from him. "You are not working on an ordinary case." James sighed, and Anna looked down at the floor, as of holding back tears. "I didn't notice anything other than the behavior of the ten people who were killed."
"How did they behave exactly?" I asked.
"Dazed and anti social. They would always stare into the midst of the atmosphere and never speak." James frowned as he said this, and Anna suddenly spoke up. "Two of them were friends of mine." She held her shaking hands together tightly, and James held her by the shoulders. "I found them three days after they began acting strange and found them..." Tears fell down Anna's cheeks, and she looked at me. "They were cutting themselves and writing on the walls in blood!"
My body froze, and I frowned. "How odd, says Oscar." Snake said. They wrote on the walls in their own blood? "What were they writing?" I asked. Anna covered her face with her hands and cried. The sounds of her muffled voice echoed through the room. James held his sister close and rubbed her back soothingly. I have to know what they wrote! "Are the walls still covered with their blood?" I asked and James nodded. "Yes. In the back room of the east wing."
"Sebastian." I called and we all headed down the hall. "Madame, do you have any clue what might happen, asks Oscar?" Snake asked. I shook my head as I turned the corner, entering the east wing of the Church. I have no idea what will happens but what ever the plan, I'll see it through. The back room had a dark brown door that was open. I held the knob and opened it wider, letting the cold air escape from inside. "Careful." Sebastian called and I turned to him with a frown. Why was he so protective today? I held my breath and looked inside the room. Nothing but complete darkness stared back at me, and I placed my hand against the wall, searching for a switch. I felt something hard and gently raised it upward. The lights quickly lit up the room, and I felt my body stiffen at what I saw. Blood was smeared on the wall in poorly written form. I stepped into the room and looked around carefully. "'I'm watching everyone, everyone will die.'" I read the words the best I could and my heart began to race. A squeaking sound echoed through the room and I looked around. Snake grabbed my wrist and pointed to the back wall. I was about to speak up when a knife flew towards me, making me close my eyes. "Madame!" I heard Snake's voice and shivered. A few seconds passed, and I opened my eyes to find the blade close to my forehead. The base of the blade was being held by Sebastian, and I sighed. "This.. This is strange." I said, and Sebastian threw the knife to the floor. I held my chest and tried to calm my heart, but the horrified feeling would not go away. Sebastian grabbed my wrist and shook his head. "We should head to the Sanctuary, Jae." He stated, and I nodded in agreement.

I entered the Sanctuary to find Anna crying as she sat next to the foul smelling bags. Her voice muffled within her cries, and James was praying beside her. He opened his eyes and looked at me. His gaze made me feel as light as a feather, and I ran over to them in a hurry. "Sir Henderson! This situation is too complicated to understand, but I do know that you two should leave at once." I suggested and Anna began crying louder. "I can't leave them!" She cried and placed her hands on two bags. They must've been her close friends. I kneeled down and patted her on the back, trying to calm her down. "There's no helpful way of saying this, but you have to let go. I'm sorry." I tried speaking to her softly, but my words only made Anna cry more, and her face turned red. James sighed and held a small wooden cross in his hand. "I understand, Madame." He replied. Anna covered her face, and her body began to shake violently. I could tell that leaving all this behind would be difficult for her. I understand how she feels; my mother and father. Danny as well, I miss them so much. Memories of seeing my Mother die made tears fall from my eyes. I tried to hide them, but James quickly noticed. "Madame, are you all right?" He asked. I didn't respond and wiped my face. Suddenly my vision became dark and the smell of honey tingled my nose. I opened my eyes to see James holding me tightly, and my heart felt as if it stopped. He felt so warm, and his hands gently rubbed my back. I quickly pulled away and wiped my face. I hope he's not getting the wrong idea. "I am sorry." I said and turned back to Anna. Her eyes were wet and red as she finally stood up. The bottom of her dress was dirty, and a few drops of blood stained the fabric. "I'm sorry, Madame." She sniffed quietly and wiped her eyes. "I'll try my best to stay calm."
I smiled at her, but she looked away as if I was making things worse. Sebastian and Snake entered the Sanctuary, and Snake stood next to Anna. He patted her gently on the back, and she smiled at his gesture. They seemed to be getting along with each other in a certain way I couldn't understand. But I'm glad it's working out. James placed a hand on my shoulder and gave me a worried glare. "Your neck is cut." He stated and placed a finger on my neck. How did I cut myself? That was odd, and I don't remember getting cut by anything. Thanks to Sebastian, I wasn't hurt by the knife before. "I'm fine." I said and pulled my hair from the cut. I couldn't see it, but I could feel a small line of blood drip from it. James watched me carefully and sighed. "I believe I might have something for your wound." He grabbed my hand, and I blushed instantly. "This way."
I followed him down the Sanctuary aisle and saw something in the corner of my eye. Something I had never seen before. The eyes glowing a ravishing bright red, and his eyes narrowed at us as we left the area. His shadow seeming dark and horrifying as he watched us intently.
Was Sebastian....angry?