Chapter 57: These Tears...

"Sebastian!" I cried and began smashing the cuffs on my wrists onto the floor. Tears streamed down my face as I continued to break free. The cuffs finally fell off my wrists in pieces, and I stood on my feet, dashing towards him. I fell to my knees and held Sebastian's head in my lap. His body was trembling, and blood dripped from his lips. He coughed as if choking, and his eyes opened.

"Jae-"

"Sh! Please don't speak!" I cried and ran my fingers through his hair. I couldn't stand to hear him speak so weakly. Pain ceased my heart as I watched him frown in pain. "I am sorry for my sudden state." He apologized, managing a smile. I sniffed as tears fell onto his cheek. "You're fine," I sniffed, "that's all that matters." I wiped the blood from his lips and tried to calm my own heart. "Madame." Snake called me, and I turned to him. James lied down on the floor with the axe lodged in his back. Snake had to do something, but I didn't think he was capable of such a harsh move. "I'm all right, but.." I looked down at Sebastian, and his eyes closed. His chest heaved up and down; he was breathing again. "He's okay, says Oscar." Snake stated, and Oscar slithered up Snake's leg, curling up to his arm. "A quick panic attack is healing normally for him, says Oscar."

I placed my hand on his chest and held back more tears. What made him have such an attack like this? It doesn't matter, as long as Sebastian recovers, I don't care what happened.

In the end, Anna and James were the ones who killed the ten guests who were visiting the church. It seemed hard to take in all the information, but as I rethought about what happened, all they informed us of was lies. Lies to hide their wrong doings. I can't believe I didn't see it before; the way they smiled and the way they talked to us. Back in town,

Sebastian lied in bed as he recovered, and I watched him silently. I wiped the tears that continued to fall from my face and tried to focus on only him. I placed my hand on his forehead and sighed. He was normal like Oscar said before. I'm so glad to see that he's all right. I don't know how I would react if Sebastian disappeared. When I saw him on the ground as if dead instantly, my heart just couldn't take it. Tears fell from my face again, but I refused to wipe them. I rested my head on the end of the bed and closed my eyes tightly.

Sebastian, I hope you know how much I love you.

"Jae," a soft voice called my name and I opened my eyes to see nothing but black. "Time to wake up." Sebastian's voice reached my ear, and I slowly raised my head. Sebastian was standing next to me with a saucer and tea filled cup in his hand. "Your afternoon tea is ready, and Madame Maddie will be here shortly." Sebastian sat the saucer on the bed, and I looked up at him with teary eyes. Tears fell for what seemed like the hundredth time as he stared down at me with a smile. "I'm so glad you're all right." I said and wiped my face.

"I'm sorry for troubling you, Jae." Sebastian apologized and wiped my eyes with a napkin. I didn't care if he apologized. I was just happy that he was perfectly fine.

-

Sebastian's POV:

It happened. I had a panic attack. Protecting Jae was my only duty, but I made it worse by having an attack. I wiped Jae's face with a handkerchief as more tears fell. She was weeping over my safety. How ironically sweet. "Please, stop crying over me." I pleaded and she looked up at me, quietly laughing.

"Better said than done, I'm afraid." Her eyes glistened from the light and her hair flowed blissfully onto her shoulders. As I suspected: she is beautiful even in tears. "What happened?" She spoke up.

"Pardon?"

"You were lying on the floor as if you had lost, and I couldn't stop crying after that." Jae stared down at her lap and held back more tears. I smiled down at her. Surely I am not dead, at least not to her.

"I assure you, Jae. I'm perfectly fine." I replied.

She looked up at me and stood up. She placed her right hand on my chest, and my body tensed. She seemed completely chilled to the bone. "Snake and Oscar informed me that you had a panic attack." She whispered.

"Yes," I sighed. "I was worried you would be hurt if I didn't move quickly."

Her hand clenched my shirt tightly, and she bit her bottom lip. "Sebastian,"

My eyes glistened red at the sound of her voice calling my name.

"Do not scare me again. My heart can't take the pain of seeing you like that." Jae grabbed my shirt collar and pulled me down to her level. "I order you to stay by my side! No matter what!" She exclaimed, tears shimmering in her eyes.

"Yes, My Mistress."