Chapter 47: Roses have Thorns

Master dropped his sword, exhausted and annoyed by my actions. "You really are just like your mother." He said. My heart raced, and my body heated up. My mother was once again brought up, slipping from his lips. It makes me sick of how he talks about her to make me furious. I tried to catch my breath as Master turned his head, looking toward Claude. Claude nodded in response and continued his fight with Sebastian. What are they planning?

"Mind telling me why you're signaling a message to your butler?" I asked. Master smiled at me and pulled his long silky hair from his face. "Nosy indeed," He dusted off his suit and sighed, "but you'll just ruin the surprise." My eyes frantically glanced around the room, waiting. Master smiled again and raised his hands to his shirt. He unbuttoned the front, and I blushed. What the hell is he doing? Suddenly I saw something bright as day on his chest. A yellow star.

A seal?

This is proof that he is Claude's master.

"Don't look so closely at his."

I turned to see León standing behind me with his eyes averting to the floor. His hands came to his shirt as well, and he gave me a view of his chest. He had a seal as well! Both of them. Now I can't tell them apart besides their voices. "Were you looking for these?" Master asked and buttoned his shirt, covering the seal once again. "Mind showing yours?"

I laughed at his request and pulled the small strands of hair out of my face. "If you insist." I bowed politely and raised my torn dress to an appropriate level. My seal shimmered brightly, and a smile appeared on Master's face. León stood next to his brother with an annoyed glare. "What a perverted area to hold your seal." León stated and his eyes glanced over to Sebastian. Claude was suddenly gone from sight, and Sebastian was now by my side. Sebastian returned the evil glare. "Oh dear, Jae, your dress is destroyed." Sebastian noted. "Yes it is, isn't it?" I said and sighed with a smile on my face. My dress was torn to shreds, and my hair was as messy as could be. I was a complete wreck. Sebastian grabbed the loose cloth and sighed. "I shall have it fixed later this evening." He promised. "I look forward to it." I replied. "Though before we return, we should pick up more evening attire."

"I'll shall see to it." Sebastian replied.

León snickered at our small conversation. "How adorable." He said. "You two would've played the role of husband and wife well, if Claude hadn't ratted you out like so."

"Yes, I think you're right." I replied. "But role play is just as fake as the friends you make."

León and Master exchanged devilish glances and smiled at me. "You're as clever as you are beautiful." Master stated as León walked over to the broken window. I became cautious as my body began to shake. "Mind telling us what's the wait for?" I asked. Master picked up the silver sword he had been fighting against me with, and I stood closer to Sebastian. He rubbed the edge of the sword and tilted his head, smiling. "I think you can answer that. Isn't that right?"

"Yes, Master." I heard my voice, but my lips did not move. I turned quickly to see the clone of me I had just destroyed completely fixed, except for her dress. Claude was standing next to her with golden eyes. "How did you-"

"I'm just another you." She called. "Like always, you can't run from your mind, or yourself."

The faint sound of tapping shoes came from the door, and I waited for who would enter. The door creaked open, and what I saw completely baffled me. A little girl with white eyes, red lips and skin like smooth silk entered the ballroom wearing a beautiful dress and shoes. "Ah, my darling Matilda." My clone called, and the little girl ran up to her, helplessly clinging to her dress. Matilda? Jae whispered into the little girl's ear, and the child began to cry. Matilda stepped forward with blood dripping from her eyes. "Why are you trying to hurt Mommy?" She asked me. I was frozen in place and couldn't find any words to speak. Was she the real Matilda? Her eyes were completely white, and her cheeks were wet from the bloodstained tears. The scene was making me insane. "Why?" She asked again.