Chapter 32: Men..

I opened my eyes to the touch of someone's fingers. "Madame Jae, it's time to wake up." Sebastian smiled down at me and I turned to my side. Maddie was sleeping by my side with tears still falling from her eyes. I sat up and sighed heavily. "Shall I wake Madame Maddie?" Sebastian asked. "No. Let her sleep." I said and pulled the covers back over Maddie's shoulder, so she wouldn't be cold. I stepped out of bed and went to the restroom. I closed the door and walked towards the mirror. My hair was different, technically longer in inches. How did that happen? I opened the bottom cabinet and frantically searched for a pair of scissors. I found a small pair and rinsed the tips in warm water. I grabbed a few strands of my hair and quickly snipped it with scissors. As soon as I snipped the hair off, it grew back instantly!

"What!?" I cried and dropped the scissors in the sink.

"Madame Jae? Are you alright?" Sebastian gently called me from outside the door. I panicked and grabbed the scissors from the sink, but while doing so, I cut the palm of my hand. "Gah! I-I'm fine!" I called and threw the scissors into the cabinet. I looked back at my reflection, and my hair grew longer. What is this? Why is my hair growing back like this? I opened the restroom door and Sebastian and Maddie were talking in whispers. "Because Jae-....Jae are you alright?" Maddie paused as I opened the door and smiled. I tried to catch my breath and frowned at her sudden change in character. "What were you chatting about?" I asked. Maddie rolled her eyes to Sebastian and bit her lip. "Umm, we were just talking about-" Maddie stopped as the bedroom door swung open. Sebby pounced in and ran over to me. His sharp claws pounced onto my dress, and I stumbled backward onto the restroom door. "Jae!" Maddie called. "You hurt yourself didn't you?" Sebby asked. I grabbed him quickly and ran back into the restroom. "What?" I asked and sat him on the marble sink. He caught his balance and licked his paws. "Did you hurt yourself?" He asked. I looked at my hand and a line of blood began to seep from the cut. "Maybe I did. Yes, I cut my hand." I showed him the palm of my hand. Sebby tilted his head at the view and meowed. "You shouldn't have done that. I received the cut as well!" Sebby held out his paw, and I gently turned it over. A small cut was on his pink paw, and a small dot of blood oozed from it. "How?" I asked. That had to eh a coincidence, for something like that to happen is too impossible. Sebby licked his paw and slowly stood on all fours. "I'm a familiar. Technically your familiar. We're bound to each other you know?" Sebby was my familiar? What does that mean? We're bound together? "So whatever happens to me happens to you?" I asked. He lied on his back and rubbed his bushy tail against the sink. "That's right Jae." He replied and licked his paw. I leaned back against the restroom door and sighed. Too much was happening at once. I had too much on my plate including finding out who Claude's real master was. Being paired with a familiar was not on my list at all. Sebby jumped off the sink and rubbed his body on my left leg. "So just be careful, okay?" He asked nuzzling my leg. "Alright." I replied. Now to see what they were talking about. I speed walked out of restroom with Sebby prancing after. Maddie wasn't here anymore. Sebastian was the only person in my room, and he was neatly folding my bed sheets. "Jae. Are you alright?" He asked. "Yes, where'd Maddie go?" I asked.

"She accompanied Sir Anthony in the entertainment room."

"Alright."

I slowly walked over to the bed and sat down with a heavy sigh. "Are you sure you're fine, Jae?" Sebastian asked again. I stared down at the floor and thought for a moment. Was I fine? First, I just found out Sebby was now my familiar and whatever happens to him is what happens to me. Second, Sebastian and Maddie were talking behind my back. Third, my hair has no use of being cut short, which is utterly impossible. "No I'm not." I managed to mutter. Sebastian walked over to me and got down on one knee. It's so nice that everything seemed like normal again. He unbuttoned my gown as I stared blankly at his smiling face. He always had a smile on his face when he's around me. Why is that? Suddenly his red eyes averted towards mine and I froze. "Is there something on my face, Jae?" He asked. "Yes, I smile. Through everything that's happened, how can you possibly smile?" I asked. He pulled the sleeves of my gown off of my arms and placed them in the white basket. "Because you are safe and sound next to me."