Facing a new reality

" What the hell is going on Ares", I say shakily at him

He steps towards me again and this time I don't move.

" Baby, just go into the room and I'll come in a moment and explain everything", he says in voice that they would probably use to talk someone off a ledge

" No! You're going to explain right now Ares Amante. There is a man bleeding on your couch in the middle of the night", I say loudly getting angrier

Never try to calm a women when she's already worked up.

" I will baby just give me a second", he says walking towards me speaking calmly

When he gets to me he grabs my hands and pulls them around his waist. I resist at first but ultimately give in because his smell is just too damn intoxicating.

I look up at him and right when I go to speak my hands brushes against something at his waist.

I pull away from him quickly  and take a large step away.

" Is that a gun on your waist?", I ask quietly closing my eyes waiting for his answer

But no answer comes and my eyes don't open until the man on the couch lets out another pained cry.

I look Ares in the eye one last time before I turn and walk back towards the bedroom. I hear his footsteps following close behind me.

I grab my hand bag and stuff my charger inside. This stupid charger is why I'm even here in the first place... damn this Apple charger.

" Tesoro, just calm down and give me a second to explain. I will answer any questions you have. Non andartene e basta", he says in a tone dripping with desperation (Just don't leave)

" Whats there to explain Ares, there is a GUN at your waist and a man bleeding out all over your expensive furniture", I say indignantly pointing at each object as I say it

I push past him and walk back out the bedroom and toward the front door.

"Bhí a fhios agam go raibh sé seo ró-mhaith le fíor. Tá fear ag cur fola", I say out loud to no-one opening the front door and walking out (i knew this was too good to true. there is a man bleeding!)

I get as far as the elevator before I turn back to look at Ares's closed front door. I reach up to touch the button but freeze right when I go to press it. I can't just leave things like this I wouldn't be able to go home and pretend I hadn't seen anything.

" Dammit", I say before turning and stomping back towards his front door

This man is so lucky that he just so damn cute and I'm nosey just like my mother. I open door again throwing it against the wall. I see that Ares is back in the living room and giving the guys in living room an ear full.