Now Until Forever

"You don't talk much do you?", I say as Ares crowds me against the wall of the elevator in his building.

I am speaking lowly as he presses his nose into the side of my neck like he's trying to breathe me in. My hands are gripping the front of his shirt trying to pull him in as close as possible. Just as he lifts his head and moves toward me we hear the ding of the door and the mechanical voice say floor 15. He backs away from me but from the look in his eyes I know he wants nothing more than to pull me close. He grabs my hand and pulls me out and into the dimly lit hallway.

"Where are the other apartments?", I ask as I check the wall for other doors and numbers

Without looking back, he says, "There aren't any, this entire floor is mine .... I didn't like having neighbors"

And just like that I am forced to start looking at the finer details of the man in front of me. The expensive car, the expensive shoes, and the fact that an entire floor of this building is his. I really start to realize what kind of man I am dealing with and I can't help but feel giddy.

Before I can school my features, we stop in front of the lone black door with 1501 on the wall next to it. I think it's ironic to have numbers when there is absolutely no one else on the floor. And with a code and a finger print scan we are in the door.

As he leads me into the door the nervous energy returns and I finally start to look at the crazier details of the night like the fact that I am now in the house of a man I met 2 hours ago in a club. Though I am not strong enough to turn and run it doesn't stop the nervous rambling that follows.

"Have you lived here long? Did you decorate or was someone brought in? Is this a local architect or was the project an overseas hire? Architectural digest should really do a pie-"

A word vomit of questions only stops because he captures me in an intense stare that gives nothing away. I'm still standing close to front door as he comes in closer to me until I feel my back hit the door and I have no chose but to only look at his face or chest.

"Hi", I say sounding slightly out of breath

Ares lifts his hand up towards me and I think he is going to stroke my face again when he clicks a button a key pad that I didn't notice was next to me head. In moments, soft lights illuminate the apartment in certain areas and he steps to left.

"Are you hungry?"

Slightly dazed I only catch the ending sounds of his words, "I'm sorry what?"

"I said are you hungry ... would you like something to eat?", and I try not heat up at the fact that he caught me in a daze

"I could eat", I say in a tone slight above a whisper

He nods thoughtfully and walks towards the large kitchen which like the rest of the apartment is all dark wood and metal. From the look he was giving me in the car I wasn't expecting him to ask if was hungry or let alone ask me if I wanted something to eat.