I can't believe its take your wife to work day.

So after explaining to Taylor that she hadn't walked into an episode of the Sopranos and the promise to call her later tonight, Ares and I are on our way

We don't speak on the drive over to his place. There is still an air of tension that is swirling around us. I don't think I could say anything that would calm the storm raging inside him. It's like someone had lit a match on very deadly fuse.

Ares spoke of a code and line that couldn't be crossed, and I wondered the whole drive about what lines Ares was about to cross for me. I'm afraid that I made his job more complicated... Dangerous even. I don't want him angry in a way that takes him out of his character and makes him vulnerable. I suddenly have the thought that maybe that's why the Bianchi's came after me not to just give a message but to make Ares so angry he can't think straight.

I may not understand how to run a crime family, but I do know how to read people.

I pull myself out of my thoughts and raise my hand to caress the back of Ares's neck. He lets out a heavy sigh at my touch. I know he's worried for me or maybe he' just scared i'll run again.

But, I want my touch to convey the finality in my decision. That I will be here with him as long as he and this life will allow.

We get to his apartment in record time and there are two men waiting for us by the elevators in the garage. They are large with blank faces and suits that are black as night. Ares doesn't even acknowledge them as we make are way into the opening elevator doors.

I chance a small smile at the men as the doors close. They give nothing but a brief nod as the doors shut completely in their faces.

" How many men will be here now?", I ask quietly

" Only what's needed, I don't want too many new faces around you. It can make you vulnerable to people who aren't honest about who they say they are", He responds back and kisses the side of my head.

It's in that moment that I realize just how crazy I may look. I'm sure my hair is mess from me running my hands through it. And I'm still in my big t-shirt no bra sweatpants combo.

I'm now absolutely mortified.

" Ares! I can't go out there", I say as the elevator doors open and I see the men stationed in the hall.

He pauses and the doors to the elevator shut.

" Why Tesoro, what's wrong? Are you scared of my men? I can have them leave if—", he starts and I stop him before he can pull his phone out to tell the men to go.

" No, No, its just.....", I say hesitating a bit

" What is it, you can tell me anything my love", He says softly and I just melt

" It's just ... I kind of look a mess!", I force out

Ares looks at me with a blank face before he breaks out into a laugh