Chapter 1

He laid there, staring at the ceiling of his jail cell. Marco had no intentions of staying in prison this long but he decided in order for his plan to work when he escaped, it was a necessary sacrifice he had to make. It's been so long, he thought to himself. Mayah turns seventeen soon... and he planned to be there for her birthday. I'm coming carino, and this time you won't get away.

***********************************************************************************************

"Come on Maya, you have to have a party! Your turning seventeen soon...especially since you didn't want a sweet sixteen party." Krista tossed a shirt at Mayah while hanging another on a clothing rack in front of her at the retail store where they both worked. "It will be fun, I promise."

"Krista, you know I don't like parties...I even hate them when dad throws them for meetings." It had been almost two years since Mayah was rescued and taken in by the Devils Angels. She now called Roach dad, and she and Krista have bonded as if they were actual sisters by blood relation. With the help of Adriano's lawyers and paying off a few judges, Roach was able to legally adopt Mayah and make her a part of his family.

"Come on, you graduated high school early. Have a little fun. Your so boring." Krista teased as she hung the last shirt on the rack before turning to help her sister with her basket of returns. She had a date with Carlos and wanted to make sure that they got off of work a little early.

Mayah shook her head and stuck her tongue out. "I'm okay with being boring. Come on, I think that was the last of the returns."

The two made their way back to the manager's office where Jason, their manager sat scrolling on his phone. "Done?" he asked not even looking up.

"Yes, can we leave a little early?" Krista asked waiting for a response. "I know you wanted me to close but Mayah will have to wait for me for two hours."

"I already told everyone else they can leave." he responded still not looking up. "Mayah, make sure you clock out...you can wait back here in the office."

Krista rolled her eyes and huffed as walked out leaving her sister in the office with Jason. Following her managers orders, Mayah clocked out and took a seat at the desk across from Jason. Being a minor, she wasn't allowed to work past nine in the evening on weekdays. After a few moments of waiting for Jason to look up from his phone, Mayah got up from the desk to find her sister. Making her way through the store she found her at the register flipping through a Bath and Body Works magazine.

"God, I don't even know why he's here." expressing her annoyance she put the magazine down as Mayah walked to the counter.

"At least dad cant get mad when we get home late." Maya smiled as she leaned on the counter. Roach hated when the girls had to work late but he also knew that he couldn't keep them locked up at home forever.

Hearing the sensors to the door ding as it opened, Krista groaned out loud. "This night is going by too slow."

"Mayah?" voice said approaching the counter.

Mayah turned to see around in surprise. She hadn't heard that voice in almost two years. "Kace? Oh my god! How are you?" she gave him a hug as Krista rounded the counter to do the same. "Where have you been?"

"Well, when Roach kicked me out...my dad told me I could come back and run with him." he shrugged as he looked around the store. He had heard that they started working here almost six months ago but didn't have the courage to come by. Mostly because he knew if Roach found out he would have his head.

"So that's it? Screw the Devils Angels?" Krista put her hand on her hip. "He said come back when you got yourself together...he didn't say to not come back at all."