Chapter twenty five

Start from the beginning

"Fancy seeing you here.." Virgil said quietly, sitting down next to Roman on the bench, sharing his umbrella with him.

Roman, not expecting anyone, jumped away from Virgil, sputtering out a shocked  "how did you get here"

"I walked." Virgil chuckled, scooting closer to Roman. "Well, more like ran. I had to get out of my house, thought why not go to the park in the middle of a thunderstorm? Then a few seconds ago I saw you here putting your phone away. You looked pretty upset." Virgil said, lying through his teeth.

"You didn't hear the phone call?" Roman asked.

"Nope." Virgil said. "Why?"

Roman sighed in relief. "Well, it was just my mom. She said she wouldn't be home for a while, the door was locked and Remus was at Pattons. Also I don't have a house key." Roman said, lying almost as well as Virgil.

Virgil momentarily forgot about everything happening and asked, "hey, wanna come over to my house? We could do something. The author doesn't know what yet."

"The what?"

"Nothing."

"...Okay, sure i'll come over." Roman said, figuring this would be a way to earn Virgil's trust.

He knew Virgil was trying to be friendly to him, but he still saw how he flinched away from him slightly even though he moved closer to share the umbrella.

They got up from the bench and started walking towards his house, Virgil was tense, but the rain that pattered against the wet concrete calmed him enough to not flinch every three seconds.

They soon made it to Virgil's house.

"Why are there police cars outside your house?" Roman asked.

Virgil saw the police cars.

He saw his dad in handcuffs, and a policeman taking him to the car.

Virgil's eyes widened.

"Mom!" He yelled, running inside.

He saw his mom, who had a few new bruises on her from the previous encounter she had with Andrew, police officers inside, Remus, and Damien.

"Mom! What happened!?" Virgil asked in a panic.

"Sweetie! It's all okay! Let em explain what happened!" She said calmly.

~Time skip brought to you by my laziness~

"He-He's going to jail?" Virgil asked with hope.

"We don't know for sure yet..how long he'll stay there..." Lucia said softly, "but there's so much evidence. I'm sure he'll be locked away for a long time.."

"I can't believe he hurt you...I thought it was just me.." Virgil muttered.

"Wait what?" Lucia asked in shock.

"I-I'll tell you later mom..when we're alone." Virgil said slowly.

"Also, officers, you may want to take this one too." Remus said, pointing towards Roman.

Roman scoffed. "I've never done anything wrong in my life!" He pouted.

The officers chuckled. "Kids."

Carl and Paul walked out and over dramatically shoved Andrew in the car, claiming they'll be back, and they all heard A conversation they had, "Carl, why are there piles of fake white baby hands in the trunk of the car?" Paul asked.

"I may or may have not have stolen a bunch of baby dolls from your four year old neice." Carl said.

"Wow. Why?" Paul asked.

"Whities gotta pay. And the payment is baby hands."

"How did you even get the dolls?"  Paul asked.

"I may or may have not have broken into your house." Carl said calmly.

A few seconds passed.

"Aren't you going to ask how?" Carl asked.

Paul sighed. "I don't understand how or why you do anything, Carl."

"You are a crazy man. Maybe you should be the one in jail." Paul said jokingly.

"Do you have any idea what it feels like to be Carl right now? It hurts. Not as much as the babies, but it hurts." Carl said in sarcasm, making Paul chuckle as they began to drive away.