sᴛᴇᴘs.

"..Where are you taking me?"

"Were just going out back, don't worry." Jason says as opened the back patio door, Dick and Kory are in that room and didn't hear the two of them sneaking out back and they didn't see Rachel anywhere either.

Jason closed the door behind them coming over to the glassed railing, Gar comes over a bit confused to why they were out here.

"Look up.."

Gar did although he didn't understand why, so he just looks at the bright starts that lit in the dark sky.

"..When I was little I used to sneak out just to see the moon." Jason admits, "To be honest I liked any kind, but the full moon was always my favorite."

Garfield looked at Jason becoming interested, "Why?" He asked.

"You know how I'm into syfy movies?" Gar nods, "I believe that in space there are aliens besides Kory. The moon is a huge reminder that we aren't alone."

"..What are you trying to tell me Jason."

"I'm trying to tell you that the moon doesn't just make me smile..you do.."

Gar forms a smile hearing the small story Jason had told him, "I want to be with you." Jason confessed.

"So do I." Garfield says moving closer to Jason,

"Do you want to stay out here or go inside?"

"We can stay out here for a while until Dick finds us." Gar answers,

Jason smirks going over by one of the soft cushion chairs and sat down, "Wouldn't Dick worry?"

"He'll find us," Garfield reassured him as he sat down beside Jason who moved over a little to give him more space.
___________________________

As the weekend came around Garfield had completely forgotten about that date with Rachel, he has to find out a way to tell her that he's now dating Jason and lost interest in her.

It sounded messed up but it had to be done..

He knocks on Rachel's door coming in when she aloud him to, he gives her a welcoming smile.

"..I came here to tell you something."

Rachel's brows furrowed concerned, "What's wrong?" She questions him.

"I have to cancel our date.." Gar answers with sigh it took so much of his effort to get that out but Jason insisted it, and he couldn't walk back into the living room knowing he hadn't ended things between Rachel and himself.

Rachel doesn't say anything she just looks down a bit sadden by his answer. "But why?"

Garfield scratches behind his ear nervously, "..I just, I feel like we should focus on our training."

Fuck, he panicked and ended up making a lie..

Rachel looks back up at him searching for the truth herself but didn't see anything, the only thing she knows is that he's lying in front of her face.

"Get out." She mumbles,

"Ra-"

"I said get out Gar.." Rachel demanded, and Garfield leaves saying sorry as he goes, he didn't mean to make her upset.

Jason was in the living room switching through channels when suddenly Garfield enters the room with a sad expression on his face by the looks of it things didn't end well with Rachel and him.

Gar just comes over to the couch flopping down with a "oof." He lays his head down on Jason's lap looking up at the titan.

"You alright?" Jason asked Gar who just mutely nods, Jason brings his hand down to Garfield's hair fingers going through his green locks.

"Can you put something on tv?"

"Ghostbusters?" Jason suggested since it was one of their original favorites.

Gar smiles before answering, "Yeah."