sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ʟ

Jason wakes up to a soft, quiet murmur and arms holding onto him tightly. It takes him a few seconds to open his eyes and adjust to the bright light in the room.

Fingers dig into his sides and the person next to him gasps. "Jason?" It's said in a hushed, distressed voice, but he recognizes his name even though it was murmured.

Garfield stirs next to him on the bed, and when his eyes finally adapted to the lighting in the room he can now see Jason's face.

"..I'm here." Jason mumbles, Gar smiles before laying his head down on the other titans chest, "Is this okay?" Garfield questions him.

"Yeah, your fine bro."

But this wasn't, since when did he ever be this close to Gar?

Never..

But he found it to be strangely comfortable, it shouldn't hurt to sleep in for a couple more minutes before they go about their usual day.

He closes his eyes again listening to Garfield's steady breathing, then he heard a voice. "You sure?"

"What?" Jason murmured as he opened his eyes looking down at Garfield.

"I mean are you sure this is okay.."

"It's okay dude, relax." Jason says before closing his eyes again,

After that it was back to being quiet and peaceful in the room, besides the birds chirping outside Gar eventually fell back to sleep falling into his dream world.

When Garfield woke back up he wasn't in the bed with Jason he was somewhere else.. he looked around noticing how dark it was in the room and he certainly didn't want to get out of this bed..

This all felt too real, this can't be a dream.

He brought his hand up and pinched the palm of his hand really hard, trying to wake himself up but instead of waking up he hears foot steps not necessarily heavy ones it sounded like heels.

Then soon the light came on and everything was revealed, The room the person the atmosphere.

"Mom?"

She smiles coming over to the bed bringing her hand up to feel his forehead which was strange, he felt himself being confused.

"What's happening? Am I dead?" He asked but all he receives is a lighthearted giggle.

"No silly..have you forgotten that you've gotten yourself a cold?"

Gar coughs,

"Don't worry I made you some hot chocolate," His mom smiles before moving her hand away from his head. "You should figure out what story you want me to read for you tonight." She adds.

Wait..

Is this his memory? This isn't a dream..

Garfield noticed his mother leaving the room and when she finally did he decides to get from under the covers and go over to the bathroom. If this isn't a dream then what is this?

'Rachel.' He immediately thought luckily it wasn't another nightmare. It didn't take him long to actually wake back up to reality, he looked over at the alarm clock by Jason's side seeing that it was now 11:30.

Just when he was about to move away from Jason he heard the doorknob twist and open, "Hey, it's time to get up, I've decided to le-". Dick starts but then noticed Garfield being unusually closer towards Jason.

Gar moved away causing Jason to actually wake up from not feeling the warmth on his chest, he rubbed his eyes and looked at Dick just as he speaks up again. "..Did I miss something with you two or?"

"What. No..I must've rolled onto Jason.."

Dick didn't believe a word Gar had said even when he looked over to Jason there was no sign of confusion on his face, instead he was entirely calm about it..

"Hm, Ok. well I just wanted to let you two know that today and tomorrow I'll be canceling training. So you both can relax." Dick says before crossing his arms, "..Or do what teenagers do."

"I'm not a teen.." Jason cuts in, his voice groggily as he rubs his eyes.

Dick just smiles.

"Well, your no adult either." Dick says giving Gar one last glance he then leaves the room giving the two boys some peace and quiet.

Garfield looks at Jason, "I'm taking the bathroom first." It was normal for them to argue over who showers first every morning, but for once Jason decides to just nod his head and let him go.

He even waited for Gar to find some clothes before finally sitting there alone in the room contemplating to himself over last night..

"..What the hell?"