𝗞𝗼𝗿𝘆

The place looked more abandoned than ever, the sun hadn't even risen yet but it felt like dusk already.

Dick lead everyone to one of the doors which had been unlocked. It was clear this place had seen better days but that wasn't necessarily such a bad thing; they weren't there to fix a broken system.

All that mattered was finding Kory, she needed them,

"This is our best bet, I want Gar and Rachel to take the left side and Hank and Dawn take the right. Jason Your with me we'll be splitting off to cover more ground if anything happens or goes wrong signal us." Dick explained

"You've heard the plan." Hank says,

Everyone nodded and set off toward their respective sides, Jason of course didn't like the idea of splitting apart from Garfield but he wasn't going to ruin their search because he was worried.

He trusted Dick,

They began combing the building from top to bottom hoping to catch a glimpse of movement but to no avail. The halls were dusty and dark, empty but they still remained quiet  trying to listen for any sounds or signs of life, the only sound was the echo of their own footsteps.

"Do you hear anything?" Dick asked,

"No," Jason whispered,

"That's the problem."  Dick continued, "There are too many rooms for her to be taken in here."

Jason clenched his fist,

"We keep moving." Dick says, they kept walking, looking in different directions, searching for any sign of her.

Suddenly, "Dick we got something here!" A voice called out, it was just Hank over the earpiece.

Dick looks over at Jason, "We're too far in to get to you, what do you got so far?" He replied. "Well I don't know for sure but I think we might've found a lot of security cameras in a room it shows everything. Dawn spotted on the camera another area on the second floor with a hidden passage in it." Hank replied.

"Alright meet me and Jason on the second floor," Dick ordered,

"Copy that."

"Let's g.." Dick began to say turning around to look at the Jason but the Titan was gone and no where to be seen.

"Dammit, Jason!"

~~~~

Garfield and Rachel were in the basement of what appeared to be some kind of storage area, They'd come across two dead ends so far. "So..you and Jason are dating?" Rachel asked suddenly.

Garfield looked over at her shocked, "What makes you think that?"

"Well..." She shrugged, "It's pretty obvious. You both don't hide it well, plus I noticed you two holding hands the other day." She answered.

Garfield blushed and looked away awkwardly, "I mean..yeah, he's my boyfriend...but we weren't planning on telling anybody until we were ready.." He mumbled.

Rachel smiled, "I guess I should congratulate you, I didn't realize you guys liked each other that way." She paused, "I'm surprised though, I'd have thought Jason would want to tell people, considering that he's..."  Rachel trailed off.

"Reckless." Garfield finishes laughing lightly,

"Well that's Jason for you," Rachel laughs, it's been a while since they both laughed like this he missed this, and he wanted more than anything to keep the people he cared about most safe .

"I hope Kory's okay.." Rachel says looking back towards the direction they came from.
Garfield nodded agreeing with her, "Me too,"
"Maybe we should ask Dawn or Dick where they went off to..." Rachel suggests.

"Yeah we should," Garfield replies looking around them. He could tell they were in some sort of hallway, it was mostly dark and dreary.

As if someone read their minds the lights flickered on and an alarm went off somewhere in the distance. Garfield and Rachel jumped in surprise when they heard Dick's voice over their earpieces.

"Jason's missing."