"But they shot me Michael and I was innocent."

"Lorna, you ran."

"I ran because I was scared. How many scared new vampires have you killed, Michael?"

"No one has ever been killed. I always caught them because I am faster than them. You were the only exception."

"Well, see if you can catch me before I go to Duncan and get you thrown out of the hotel." I yelled.

It was childish and stupid and a threat I could never have carried through but I was so blinded by anger I just splurted out the cruelest and most hurtful word to say to Michael. I bolted towards the door merely bluffing, maybe Michael chasing me gave me a cheap romantic thrill, I don't know. My fingers wrapped around the door handle but Michael was there, his hand gripped my shoulder and spun me round so my back hit the wall.

"Stop it!" He said slamming both his hands against the wall either side of head. I went still afraid of what could happen if I tried to struggle. I looked down but Michael caught my chin and forced me to look into his eyes.

"I can't change who I am or my past which makes me such a monster," He said clinging on to his self control, "Whether you want to admit to yourself or not what I am doesn't really matter to you. All that matters is this."

He kissed me roughly and I tried to pull away but found myself giving in unable to resist him. My fingers laced through his hair, my body pushed against his demanding more and Michael delivered it. His hands moved along the seams of my t-shirt and then dipped underneath the hem to caress my bare skin. Rough fingertips glided over my soft waist moving steadily upwards towards my back, whirling and swirling as they went making my skin painfully sensitive. As his hands wound their way around my back they splayed wide open and I felt his palms push against my spine crushing me against the hardness of his chest. Michael allowed me to take one quick gasp of breath before he kissed me even harded squeezing me against him like a boa constrictor. My fingernails dug into his neck as my body responded to his in the same chaotic violence. The intensenty border on ecstasy, madness, bliss and pain, I never wanted anyone so badly.  Michael tore away from my mouth releasing me from his death grip. Without the  support of his arms I staggered back  feeling a sudden emptiness and longing inside me. Running his finger across my swollen lips he said,

"See, all that matters to you is how I make you feel. No one on this earth will ever make you feel the same way that I do and I don't think you are going to give that not even for your own conscience."

Michael took a few steps back leaving me stone cold. I stood leaning against the wall for support unable to look him in the eye. There was a rough kind of gentle to his touch and savage cruelness to his desire to possess and conquer me. He wanted to punish me for threatening to leave him but he couldn't do it in a civilized way. By the time I had ran to the door I had exhausted all his reserves in civility and politeness.  He had used his physical influence over me as a way of degrading me. Breathlessly I fought back the tears and wiped my mouth as Michael casually walked away as if nothing had happened between us.  I ran into my bedroom cursing him under breathe.

I spent the rest of my evening alone and god did I feel lonely. Michael sat in the room opposite occasionally walking past my door but never daring to enter. I imagined him sat alone holding his gun thinking quietly to himself- I wish I knew what he was thinking.  I needed to know if he actually loved me or was he just using me.  Torn I sat on bed in a state of limbo.

He loves me.

He loves me not.

I thought there was a distinguishable line between love and lust but now I realize that line is hazy and blurred. Physically I wanted Michael but I wanted him emotionally as well. If he did not love me back I think my heart would eventually break and I would die. God this sounded so heavy. I lay back on my bed and picked up the photo of Micah that had been laying on my bed side table.