43|| Trauma.

"WHAT IS IT? WHAT'S wrong?" Rosalind climbed out of the bed she'd been reading a book in. Tom could tell she was in a frantic state.

"Abraxas sent me this just now," he handed her a copy of the Daily Prophet, a little note attached to it on the top.

Thought you'd want to know about this
-AM

Rosalind ripped the newspaper open immediately, feeling her heartbeat in her throat. Her stomach dropped when she recognised the face of her best friend on the front page of the Prophet. She knew that red hair and goofy smile too well.

TEENAGE WITCH DEAD IN FRANCE

Willow Albert Hallock, daughter of Samantha Hallock, found dead in Paris, France. Willow's grandfather, Jonathan Carrow, claims she was on a trip to Diagon Alley when she disappeared, and was afterwards found dead in the foreign country. Willow's mother has also been missing for a few months. Check page 5  for more details on the occurrence.

The intensity of her emotions overwhelmed her. She was terrified of knowing the rest of the story. Rosalind could not handle anymore grief. Her heart was beating abnormally, and she could feel her eyes go subtly out of focus.

Her feet couldn't hold her anymore. Rosalind grabbed Tom's arm for support as he led her back to the bed. She was trembling by the time Tom took a seat next to her and flipped to page 5.

Willow Albert Hallock is a 16 year old witch that attends Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She was murdered in Paris, France on the 26th of March, 1944. The culprit is yet to be caught. Willow also happens to be the daughter of Samantha Hallock, who hasn't been seen since new year's eve. The location of the teenager's body indicates that her murder is related to Grindelwald's forces. Ministry investigators are taking action as soon as possible. Willow's funeral will be held on the 27th of March, in Selby, North Yorkshire, for those who would want to offer their condolences to Jonathan Hallock.

She hadn't noticed the tears running down her face as she read the article over and over again. A thousand questions were swirling in her head. Did Willow know about her mother's loyalty to Grindelwald? Why was she even murdered in the first place? Nothing was making sense at all.

Throughout the months that Rosalind had attended Hogwarts, it wasn't hard for her to figure out that she genuinely loved Willow. The late girl had always been a funny, bubbly person who seemed to make everyone enjoy her company. She was surely one of a kind, a loyal best friend that had more often times than not been there for her.

She never got to go on that date with Diggory.

She started sobbing once again, leaving Tom to stare at her in confusion. This wasn't the first time he was dealing with a crying Rosalind –not that he ever knew how to handle it– but this time was different. In the past times, Tom had tried to understand her in situations like this. He never did, but he assumed that losing her mother whom she was really close to could take its toll on her.

Yet this time, it was just a friend. Why did she care so much about a stranger she only met a few months ago? He'd spent years with his Knights and he wouldn't even blink if one of them was dead. In fact, he would be the one to kill them in the first place. Her tears frustrated him. The stupid redhead didn't deserve Rosalind's attention at all.

"I think it's my fault," she stated, her eyes staring into the void. She didn't even glance at Tom who had been staring at her since she started crying.