13|| Serpent and Thestral.

You haven't seen my man

You haven't seen him

He's got the fire and he walks with it

He's got the fire and he talks with it

~Sad Girl by Lana Del Rey

¤¤¤¤¤¤

"EXPULSO!" SHE EXCLAIMED, PURPOSELY missing Tom's head with a few inches. She didn't just want to hex him without him knowing, she wanted an actual competition.

A massive explosion completely ruined the huge bookshelf, causing the books to clatter to the ground with a loud thud.

"You dare curse me with my back turned?!" Riddle was furious. He was seething, nostrils flared and a loathing scowl on his face.

"Stupefy!" Tom dodged the spell easily with a wave of his wand, he stepped closer, twisting his wand in his hand.

"Everte Statum!" Rosalind avoided the curse as a crooked smirk creeped on her face.

"Finestra!" Every single window and glass object shattered around them. The chandelier was crushed to the ground, Tom barely missing it by stepping a few paces back.

Tom performed a protecting spell in a swirl of his wand.

"Oppugno!" All of the shattered glass was now swirling like a tornado and heading towards her.

"Arresto Momentum!" Almost a few inches away from her, the shards of glass slowed down, reaching slowly to her.

With a "Fianto Duri! Protego!", a temporary protection charm was set on her. The shield blocked the glass along with a few curses from Riddle.

"Brachiabindo!" Tom sent the binding spell at her, and she dodged it smoothly.

He didn't go soft on her anymore. Tom Riddle lost his temper and shouted a "Crucio!"

Rosalind was shocked and terrified, he didn't hesitate to use an unforgivable curse on her and torture her. She shouted a "Finite Incantatem!" causing a red jet of light to terminate the effects of the curse.

"Incendio!" Riddle waved his wand and a great, frightening serpent of flames erupted from his wand, lunging at her.

"Aqua Eructo Duo!" and a massive stream of water was conjured from the tip of her wand. Rosalind swirled her wand around with all her might, and the stream of water shaped into a creature. Somewhat like a patronus, but created from water to fight the ignited serpent, a thestral leapt at the snake.

Rosalind loved the appalled look that crossed Riddle's face as the skeletal winged creature fought the serpentine flames.

The force of the spell from her wand and his was extremely powerful that Rosalind had to grip her wand with both of her hands. The two battling creatures were slowly fading as her thestral completely deformed, flooding the room with tanks of water. The fire disappeared, yet still igniting a few of their surroundings where the water still hadn't reached.

It was a tie. Rosalind was truly Riddle's equal.

They were both panting heavily from the energy exerted on this massive duel, unfortunately not having any witnesses.