35|| Three Empty Words.

Do I wanna know?

If this feeling flows both ways

Sad to see you go

Was sorta hoping that you'd stay

Baby we both know

That the nights were mainly made

for saying things

That you can't say tomorrow day

~Do I Wanna Know by Arctic Monkeys

¤¤¤¤¤¤

AFTER A LOT OF struggle, Rosalind managed to get to the Room of Requirement, while floating Tom by her side.

She couldn't leave him, and that's why she was seated in one of the couches, at two in the morning, with Tom's head laying in her lap. She stroked his hair, marvelling at how innocent he looked in his sleep.

Her mind wandered to the possibility of an alternate universe, where Tom was really the perfect guy he pretended to be. She wondered what it would be like if Tom actually wanted to change the world to the better. And not in his own definition of a better Wizarding world, but in a way where he wouldn't be an evil, immortal murderer.

His groan brought her back to reality, and she looked down on him as he regained his consciousness. He tried to lift his head, but the simple action left him with a pounding headache, so he immediately laid back in her lap. It didn't help that he was three shades paler than he already was, and a bit nauseated.

"Where's the ring?" Tom asked hoarsely, running a hand over his face.

Rosalind opened her palm in front of him, showing him the ring that laid peacefully in her hand. She still hadn't uttered a word.

Tom took the ring from her hand, but then hesitated for a second. "You know what, it'll be safer with you."

"What do you mean?" She spoke for the first time, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Why would Tom think that the ring would be safer with her?

He held her hand, and slid the horcrux in her ring finger, "Consider this as a. . I don't know, a promise ring maybe."

"Yeah, to remind me that I'm in love with a psychopath," She muttered under her breath, but Tom still managed to hear.

"What?"

"What?"

"What did you just say?"

"Me? Nothing. I said nothing."

"No, I'm pretty sure I heard something. What was it?"

"You didn't hear anything." She rambled, her eyes wide with alarm. She shouldn't have said that.

"Fine. Whatever."

Tom was still staring up at her, however, and he seemed to be getting quite comfortable in her lap.

"Enjoying yourself while you're crushing me, honey?" She lulled in a sickening sweet voice as she glared down at him.

"My head is crushing you, darling?"

"Yes, since your head is huge. You have a big head, it's full of your ego, love."

"Wow, that was unnecessary. You really hurt me, Rosalind," He placed a hand over his heart in mock pain.