29|| I Killed a Girl and I Liked It.

We're killin' strangers

So we don't kill

The ones that we love

~Killin' Strangers by Marilyn Manson

¤¤¤¤¤¤

ROSALIND WALKED DOWN THE stairs after a couple of hours, fully dressed and ready for the 'party' they were going to.

Tom and Robert were waiting downstairs. Tom tried his best to avoid conversing with the older man- he didn't want to communicate with filthy muggles. And it was obvious that he'd only talked to Helena solely for the purpose of irking Rosalind.

The black dress she was wearing fitted her figure perfectly. It was tight around all her curves and edges, reaching all the way to her ankles. Seeing as it had long yet thin sleeves, and they were still in winter, Rosalind had to wear a white fur bolero that gave her a royal vibe.

Her poise and elegance made her all the more attractive. Jewelry shone around her neck, resting on her collarbones.

Tom's eyes raked over her as she entered the lounge, making her heart flutter in excitement. He was dressed well himself, in a black suit that complemented his lean body.

Tom only gave her one of his infamous smirks, one that had an exquisite allure of daunting darkness.

Rosalind blushed deeply, standing by his side, as Helena skipped down the stairs - very far from gracefully.

The obnoxious girl was dressed in a pink, puffy dress, that barely reached her thighs. The girl must've misunderstood the concept of winter, as the dress was sleeveless as well.

The juxtaposition between her and Rosalind was very much obvious.

"You look very charming, Tom!" She exclaimed giddily, smoothing out her dress that still looked like a pink bush only hiding her private areas.

Tom tried his best not to scowl at the filthy muggle, while Rosalind hopelessly covered her snort with a cough.

"Helena!" Robert scolded, but the girl must've been too mesmerised by Tom to even notice.

"Thank you, Helena. You.. don't look too bad yourself," Tom choked out, trying his best not to lash out at her, for Rosalind's and her mum's sake.

Soon enough, Jewel walked down the stairs in a baby blue dress, looking as beautiful as ever. Her brown hair was held tightly in a low bun, and a thin golden necklace hung around her neck.

"Wow.." Robert whispered, seemingly astonished by the woman's beauty.

"I can't wait to make you my wife." Rosalind smiled as her mother giggled, blushing lightly. Although she didn't exactly love the idea of having a stepfather, she did enjoy seeing her mother happy, sane, and loved.

The five of them walked out of the house and into the patio, where Samantha had been waiting.

"I'll be back by one in the morning, waiting for you," Samantha said hastily to Jewel, before disapparating. Apparently, she was going to spend New Year's Eve 'with her family', as she had the right to.

Little did Samantha know, Tom and Rosalind would be the only ones waiting for her when she came back.

"I'm really sorry you'll have to be fifth-wheeling, Rosalind," Helena spoke, faking a pitiful look at the French blonde.

"Excuse me?" The latter spat, making Tom chuckle lightly.

Rosalind groaned, and chose to ignore the painfully dim-witted dunce that was about to become her step-sister.