9|| The Angel of Death.

I wanna taste you but your lips are venomous poison

You're poison, running through my veins

You're poison

I don't want to break these chains

~Poison by Alice Cooper

¤¤¤¤¤¤

ROSALIND'S LIFE WAS A living hell that week, for she still felt unnerved and unsettled by Zhelyazko Vandalov's presence. The fact that he could permeate her story throughout the school anytime he wanted frightened her to death.

She was nervous around him all the time. He acted amiable and friendly towards her, fooling everyone but her and Tom Riddle.

The latter was certainly waiting for the right time to question her about her past with Zhelyazko.

It was still Wednesday, and trips to Hogsmeade that afternoon were allowed due to the ball held after a few days. Since Rosalind immensely liked to procrastinate, she still hadn't gotten anything for the party.

And she didn't have a date.

There were a couple of guys that asked her, but she declined politely. Although she refused to believe it, but Rosalind knew deep down that she wished for a certain person to ask her.

She was certain that he would never do such a thing, she doubted he would even go to the ball at all. But Ravenclaw couldn't help that rush of adrenaline everytime Tom Riddle passed by her in the corridors. Their eyes would meet for a fraction of a second, but they dismissed it and continued their separate paths.

So she decided to let the thought sink in, there was no scope for anything that involved Tom Riddle.

And Rosalind knew very well that there were plenty of girls –older than her, much prettier than her– who would do anything to get a single glance from Riddle.

She didn't like the fact that she was becoming just like those stereotypical girls, because she knew very well that Tom Riddle wasn't just mean, he was pure evil.

And Rosalind had suffered so much from evil.

She was walking silently towards Hogsmeade, Willow and Victoire by her sides. Students bustled around her, doors clinking as they went in and out of shops, desperate to purchase whatever they needed for the up upcoming ball.

She directed her steps to Gladrags, specifically hoping to find a dress that would actually take her breath away. Rosalind had very difficult taste in clothing.

"Rosalind, I can't believe you're dragging us here the last minute," Willow groaned, huffing out a breath of irritation.

Rosalind rolled her eyes at her best friend. "You two could just leave if you want, I can handle myself alone."

"Really?" Victoire asked eagerly, raising her eyebrows at her blonde friend.

Great timing for both of her friends to abandon her.

But as they passed by The Three Broomsticks, Rosalind noticed the unmistakable flash of platinum blonde hair inside. She knew who her saviour would be for the day.