8|| Familiar Faces.

Zhelyazko Vandalov

Victoire Labelle

***********

ROSALIND'S WEEK HAD BEEN considerably better than the past few ones. With her newfound friendship with Abraxas Malfoy, she found herself fond of spending time with him and finding out how much they had in common.

Upon getting to know the Malfoy heir, she noticed how astoundingly nice he was, contrasting to his sour personality when she first met him. She greatly enjoyed spending time with a different person, an interesting person.

Rosalind still hadn't forgotten about the ball due the end of October, and was still contemplating whether to go or not. She wasn't that fond of parties herself, but what's the harm in enjoying her time a little and having a chance to forget about her troubles?

That was what occupied her thoughts during most of that Thursday.

She was walking silently towards her Care of Magical Creatures lesson, as she mulled over her plans to buy a suitable dress – or a costume.

She almost tripped before noticing the Hufflepuff first year kneeling on the floor in front of her. His books and quills were splattered everywhere, even a container of ink had popped open and soaked most of his parchment.

She noticed a few Slytherins –particularly Riddle's friends– snickering to themselves behind a pillar.

She couldn't help but send a few nonverbal hexes towards them, catching them off-guard. When they noticed who they were dealing with, the Slytherin bullies sprinted off towards their class.

They knew there was something about her, and perhaps she could overpower all of them combined. Tom Riddle didn't take interest in scanty people.

Rosalind felt her stomach churn uneasily as she looked apologetically at the first year. He was on the verge of bursting in tears.