2|| Occlumency and Dueling.

Who's that casting

Devious stares

in my direction

Mama this surely

Is a dream

~Sex and Candy by Marcy Playground

¤¤¤¤¤¤

THE SUN SHONE ACROSS the lands surrounding Hogwarts, radiating a warm gleam onto the ancient castle. It was the first day of lessons at the Wizarding school, a day which was thrilling to most students.

Rosalind had woken up early, separating from her warm, inviting bed. Around an hour had passed, and most of Ravenclaw house was still getting ready.

The french blonde exited her dormitory, knowing that if she were to wait for Willow to finish getting ready, she would definitely lose what was left of her mind.

She went into the common room, finding Oliver seated in one of the armchairs, reading a book. "Good morning, Oliver," she greeted, her voice a sweet tone as she regarded him.

Willow and Oliver had both shown her a little bit around the castle the previous night, and led her to the Ravenclaw common room, which she was very grateful for. They were both very nice and welcoming, showing her that true and sincere love still existed. Rosalind knew, her uncle once loved her a lot, when he was still a living soul on this earth and not a mere memory engraved in her heart. Her mother did too, but her current state still made Rosalind feel slightly depressed.

"'Morning Rosalind. Did you sleep well?" Oliver glanced up from his book to give her a warm smile, and then resumed reading.

"All was good." She was relieved when Willow made her way down the dormitories' steps and motioned for them to come over. Oliver packed his book into his school satchel, swinging it over his shoulder. Rosalind followed, and the three of them left the Ravenclaw common room.

***

Rosalind sat between her two friends, adding some scrambled eggs to her plate of bacon. Oliver was simply reading the Daily Prophet, while Willow formed a hill of food onto her plate that no possible girl her age could be able to digest. She wondered how the girl sitting next to her managed to stay very thin.

Rosalind was distracted from her breakfast when a certain boy caught her attention. The same guy she'd seen on the train, the one that with only a single glance had made her wish to be an advanced Seer and know every single secret and memory of his, maybe even his future.

He walked into the Great Hall with poise and confidence. Rosalind noticed how he was casting charming smiles at anyone who greeted him. He must've been well-known and respected among the students.

The charming young man took a seat at the Slytherin table, taking a green apple and biting into it. Rosalind hadn't noticed that she was staring, until Willow nudged her in the ribs.

"Ow!" Rosalind exclaimed in a hushed whisper. "What was that for?"

"Tom Riddle, huh?" Willow winked at her, raising her eyebrows mockingly.

"Come again?" She knitted her eyebrows in confusion. Was that his name? She couldn't help but think it's a pretty mundane name for someone like that handsome boy. She would've expected him to be named after a Greek god or something, considering he looked like one. She shook her head inwardly, dismissing her ridiculous thoughts.