56.

Full moon

UNDER the tree, covered by its black shadow, Zhu Deming step out like a beast waiting for its prey. His expression though stoic, give people a dangerous feeling, his eyes coldly glinting in the night akin to an icy sharp blade. He's wearing a fancy full black outfit embroidered in silver dragon, befitting for a militray prince.

      He couldn't act too rude again and used that lame excuse of not knowing or noticing a prince, Zhu Deming's eyes were solely focused on him, as if he's staring daggers at him. How could he escape from this unfavorable situation? Yan Gen gulped, stiffly smiling, he curtsied “Greetings your highness”

      “It's dangerous to wander in the palace alone” he said in a bland tone. He definitely knows that but the people inside the palace are more frightening, being in the same room as them makes him feel suffocated. Who would have thought that one of them will also slip away from the banquet to go outside, just like him? He was a second male lead that was supposed to protect our female lead, why is he here then? It doesn't feel right. The villain and the villainess are together outside.

    En. It definitely doesn't look good. His black death flag is yet to be put down. Yan Gen doesn't know if he warned him out of a tiny weeny concern for him or out of threat to achieve his goal. Based on his character, its probably the latter.

     “This subject came out of the banquet hall to breath air for a moment, this humble one will now go back inside. My clan must be looking for me”

      He really has no way out, going back inside would mean being with the female and male lead, inviting trouble. Worst comes to worst, the aristocrats will pull her to their antics of showing off their so called ‘talent’.

      On the other hand, staying outside of the banquet hall means being with the villain, a man who is said to be the most dangerous to be with. Aside from the possibility of being murdered, both of them are absent in the banquet hall, they will surely arouse a rumour that they're having a rendezvous.

      Pulling her Wei clan into this, as a matter of fact to leave herself an escape to convince him. Zhu Deming menacingly stared at the woman before him. “Who said that you can leave?” his sword like eyebrows furrowed and he imperiously ordered “Since you're already here. Stay with this prince a bit longer”

     It's exactly because I'm here in your company that I have to leave immediately. Why would you ask me to stay with you a bit longer?

     “Your highness, we must be aware of palace etiquette. Furthermore, we have a reputation to uphold. In other words, this is inappropriate. Let us not make it difficult for the both of us”

      His throat already feels dry. These overbearing princes will be the death of him. He can't believe that he has to say an argument similar to when he encountered Zhu Mingli during the Spring Festival. It's hard to reason out with such a despicable prince.

      “This prince ordered you to stay, so you must stay. Where do you think you are?” Can someone give me a gun?

      Yan Gen froze in place, maintaining a fair distance between them. About five steps away. He wants to reason out with him yet seeing his dark expression, he swallowed his grievances down. Afraid that saying more will make the villain resort to torture and murder.

       Silence reign over them, only the sound of soft flowing water in the river and the occasional sound of crickets can be heard. Yan Gen stared at the sparkling water, he doesn't have plans to strike a conversation with him, much less look at him. Zhu Deming is hard to read, if he tried to interpret each of his action, he'll go nuts. Just like how he unexpectedly asked him to accompany him here and at the temple back then.

      Whatever his reasons may be, one thing is for sure. He's a villain, and that's enough reason for Yan Gen to stay away from him. The farther, the better. His luck wouldn't allow him to do that though. These main characters revolve around him like lanterns despite his efforts of hiding and staying away.

      The silence between them stretched longer and Yan Gen became lost in thought, his eyes were bright, reflecting the crystal clear water.

      “The Imperial Family seems to have the whole world. Isn't it?”

       Heart jumping in his chest, Yan Gen clutched the collar of his robe, greatly startled from his sudden words. Contrary to where he was staring, Zhu Deming was staring at the moon in admiration and greed.

      Yan Gen declined to comment. Fearing that discussing the imperial family right inside the palace is something that will cost his head. He doesn't know what's running in Zhu Deming's mind, nor does he wants to stick his nose in his business.

       Speaking to him like this, as if he's opening up to him, one can't tell if it was a fake act to trap him or he's merely being genuine.

       Zhu Deming doesn't mind his silence, he continued “A slaughter house is close in describing the palace”

       An ominous feeling rose in him. What the hell is he talking about? Yan Gen was shaken. They're in the palace where you should be careful of every word you said. He must not get implicated!

       His heavy heart feels elated when he caught sight of a familiar white figure from the corner of his eyes and he spend no time in dashing up to him “Yuu-ge! Is the banquet over?”

      Yan Gen made sure that his voice sounded cheerful, masking his nervousness. He grabbed Wei Yuu's arm, smiling from ear to ear. It didn't take long for his cheerful smile to be tugged down at the sight of Zhu Mingli standing behind his cousin. In addition, Li Mei was following after Zhu Mingli.

     “Wha--” he couldn't speak a proper word out and his cousin has a very calm expression. So calm that it's scary. Wei Yuu stared at the person behind him, he put on his usual charming smile and greeted “Greetings your highness”

      “What are the two of you doing here alone?” Zhu Mingli ask, his face look thunderous as if he'll kill him at any given time. He's obviously livid.

       “It couldn't be that both of you are here because...” Li Mei trailed, not daring to finish her sentence, cheeks reddening, she covered her face. Looking embarrassed. Her thoughts couldn't be any more apparent.

       Both Wei Yuu and Zhu Mingli who heard her unfinished sentence became stiff.

       Zhu Mingli who can hardly control his emotions in check gritted his teeth in anger, his knuckles made a nice crackling noise.

        “Yuu-ge...” Yan Gen tugged at Wei Yuu's sleeve, making a full use of his bewitching beauty to act pitifully “Let's go home if the banquet is already over. Hmmm?”

       Wei Yuu icily look down at him, making Yan Gen nervous all of a sudden. What was that look for?

      “Alright. Let's go back home”

       Zhu Mingli who wanted to stopped them from going home halted when one of his advisors who was watching them in silence couldn't take this ridiculous situation anymore and stepped in to say something to the fifth prince.

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated :)

©Editer