51.

Devil in the temple

BY the time they arrived at the temple, it was getting dark. Yan Gen took a lot of time to recover his delicate body, furthermore, they still have a long way to go to reach the temple. It is no wonder that they arrived at this time. A monk welcomed them, putting his hands together.

Third Uncle Wei cast them a complicated look, one could not fathom. It made Yan Gen gulped nervously. He couldn't misunderstand, could he? Wei Yuu on the other hand showed a blithe disregard to whatever the people around them thought, smiling fleetingly like a cloud. Pure and carefree. Really made people think he's an ethereal being who has no desires at all but to help people in distress such as Wei Zhilan.

Yan Gen raised a middle finger in the air. Due to Wei Yuu's very image of a saint, he's seen as the crafty fox who's trying to seduce him, enticing him to commit a sin. Yan Gen almost puke a mouthful of blood. F*ck your image!

Since the temple is famous among the nobility and the royalty, it's huge and has a lot of spare rooms for the guests. The buddha statues they have passed by were all made in gold, Yan Gen was tempted to take a bite and see how solid it was.

“I'm staying at the left wing of the temple, two turns, second door. You're staying at the right wing, three turns, fourth door” Wei leaned to him and said those words in an unhurried manner.

At the sight of the temple, he forgot his existence for a minute. Yan Gen's mouth twitched, why is he telling him this? What does it have to do with him where he stays? It's not like he's going over there to meet him. As for the room where he's designated to stay, a servant can lead him there.

There's no need to tell him that. Unless he has an implicit message to him. Yan Gen thought of him sneaking in his chamber before and his gorgeous face darken. “Wei Yuu, don't you dare...” he raised an exquisite brow at his unfinished threat, provoking him “Dare what?”

Yan Gen was speechless. He's unusually being mischievous today “Whatever indecent things you're planning. Don't implicate me. Remember, we're at the holy ground of the temple” He harrumphed, walking out with his maidservant.

At length, he heard Wei Yuu's mellow laughter, tingling his ears. He turned, his eyes flaring. Wei Zhilan's eyes are naturally beautiful and seductive at the same time, those angry flaring eyes doesn't look threatening at all. It made him look seductive even more. Wei Yuu's merry laughter became louder, earning a few coughs and disapproving glances from the monks nearby.

Yan Gen stomped his feet in frustration and hurriedly fled out of the scene. Why did he always laughed at him? As far as he knows, he isn't that funny.

The clan was planning to stay in the temple for three days at most before going home. Yan Gen sleep peacefully in their first day after climbing those endless stairs, his maidservants have a hard time waking him up in the morning.

The meals in the temple is simple that only consist of vegetables, nonetheless, it's very tasty. He highly rated the cook in his heart. Following his meal, his maidservants helped him bathe and dressed up in a simple light blue outfit. He headed to the main hall to burn incense early in the morning according to his third uncle's instruction, along the way, he meet his other cousins. They exchange greetings and headed to the main hall together.

In the afternoon, after eating their lunch. The younger members of the clan sat in the side hall to listen to the monk's preach, albeit unwillingly. Their heads were already drooping after half an hour. Yan Gen was no exception to this. At the corner of his eyes, he caught sight of a figure not far away, sitting uprightly, his gaze was calm and peaceful. Who would have this kind of visage if not Wei Yuu? He noticed him boldly staring at him so he flashed him a charming smile, Yan Gen promptly averted his gaze and muttered “shameless”.

No wonder Zhu Mingli said that he's so fake. He could have taken a picture with a sticker of sunglasses and cigarette with a caption ‘nothing sways me’. How could such an ethereal man exist? As the common saying goes ‘nobody's perfect’. His physical appearance is perfect, therefore, there must be something wrong in his personality. Yan Gen thought this way but it never crossed his mind that Wei Yuu ‘could be’ that bad.

Exiting when the preach is over, his heart jumped in a celebratory manner, happily striding in the corridor and didn't noticed someone appeared at the other side of the corridor. Yan Gen bumped into an iron like person and his protruding little nose got the most damage. He knows his nose is red by now, not far from bleeding. He wasn't an unreasonable person, both of them suddenly appeared at each other's way so he intends to apologize.

Yan Gen pitifully held his pretty little nose, there was an unshed tears at the corner of his eyes and his lips parted in surprise when he looked up at the person he bumped into. The man was looking down at him using his towering height, eyes sharp and dark like an eagle. He had completely covered up Yan Gen's petite figure from the back, completely shrouding him in darkness with his huge figure, he isn't that bulky though.

His outfit doesn't match the atmosphere of the temple at all, wearing a narrow sleeved black robe embroidered in auspicious silver clouds that stops below his knees, underneath is a loose black pants and a long black boots that almost reached his knees. He looks menacing and tyrannical.

It took Yan Gen a minute to reign back his mind and he finds that no words can came out of his mouth at this moment. How should he communicate with someone who looks like a handsome villain? The man before him will probably came up with an infuriating sentence, given the unfriendly look on his steel face. Yan Gen gaped at him. This man looks a bit familiar to him, did he perhaps met him before?

“Your highness, this subject doesn't know that you're faithful to buddha to even came up here in Sheng temple” from behind him, Wei Yuu spoke in a pleasant voice but his sentence was dripping in sarcasm.

Your highness? Yan Gen became troubled upon hearing how Wei Yuu addressed the man in front of him as such. Base on the description of the novel about him, there's only one prince who perfectly fit his image, the first prince, Zhu Deming.

Why is this devil here? The villain and the villainess of the story should'nt have a single encounter! What the hell is happening here?

Zhu Deming pursed his lips, seemingly in deep thought of what he's going to reply, his penetrating gaze didn't shift on his small figure however. As if he didn't hear Wei Yuu's snide remark just now.

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated :)

©Editer