22.

Male lead halo.

TRUE to his words, Wei Yuu did send a silk ball and a little blue humming bird. Though Yan Gen didn't mean these things literally, he still likes the humming bird. At least it could entertain him a little when he feeds it with his hands or when it made a pleasant sound, he couldn't say the same to this silk ball with flowery designs, it's too girly, and so he give it to Meigui, because he feels like it was unfair, he give another silk ball to Baihe which originally belongs to Zhilan. It's not like those balls have some use to him.

Both of his maids cried their eyes out when he handed out an expensive ointment to them. As a man, he has to show concern for his delicate and pretty maids. Ay, those asses that he wants to squeeze for some time have been beaten until it turned into a color of a plum, blame it on him. He has been too weak, causing his beauties to suffer grievances on his behalf.

They were so touched, saying that miss is sick in bed but still worried about them. He has to endure their wailings for a while despite his patience running thin. Pretty women, can be tolerated. Perverted men like a certain someone must not be considered. There's a huge difference between them.

After three days, he felt better. However, Wei furen insisted that he still has to recuperate for a day before she could allow him to wander around, and so Yan Gen spend a whole day in his courtyard in boredom. At least when he's sick, he can sleep all day without getting tired of it.

In the hot afternoon, Yan Gen sat under the shade of a willow tree in his courtyard while soaking his flawless white feet in the pond. Slowly swinging his feet under the water, creating soft ripples on the surface. Yan Gen himself admire his pair of new feet, sparkling clean, carrying a baby-like clearness, small and delicate. If Zhilan was in the modern world, she could be a super model or a famous actress. She'll be a goddess in everyone's heart instead of wasting her time on that big-headed Zhu Mingli.

"Xiaojie..."

Having used to this term of Xiaojie rather than Gongzi in his fantasies, Yan Gen made a small sound of 'hmmm....' in response, as if humming. He had send Baihe outside of the estate to enquire about the fifth prince since Wei Yuu refused to disclose any information about him. She must be here to report to him.

[Gongzi- son of a noble or it can be an unmaried man.
Xiaojie- an honorific title for miss. Daughter of a noble]

Surely, the people outside must have known what's happening, the matter of the fifth prince being send out to a far away place was no big secret. The Wei estate is like a golden prison for him. No wonder that the young ladies from noble families are diligent in their tasks, they have nothing to do other than those feminine tasks. He can't blame our female lead Li Mei for escaping out when they feel the same way. Living in the ancient era is so hard and boring at the same time, especially for females.

"His highness, the fifth prince, came back in the capital a week ago from the seventh province. He has successfully finished the task that his majesty had given to him" Baihe puts the tea she's carrying on the small rectangular lacquered table beside Yan Gen "What kind of task was it?"

it's the first time that Zhu Mingli participated in politics, the emperor must have gone easy on him for him to come back so soon.

Yan Gen reached the jade cup of tea that she offered to him and leisurely sipped on it "Putting down a rebellion" upon hearing this, he almost choked on the tea he's sipping. Rebellion? How could it be so easy to put down a rebellion? A rebellion may escalate to a chaotic civil war if not prevented early. How did he appease those rebel leaders?

"The Emperor was full of praises to him when he came back. As a reward, he give him an estate and countless treasures" An estate... He was totally stunned. Giving an estate as a reward means one thing, he had done a great achievement, this is also a reward that was usually given to a victorious general.

At such a young age of 18, that brat already has his own estate. The male lead halo is truly blinding. "Too bad... the young ladies of the capital didn't have much time to catch his attention or admire his handsomeness for he was already send to another city next to the Capital three days ago"

So soon? I say, this male lead is abusing his male lead halo too much. To think that all of the young ladies of the capital admire him and he brushed it off just like that. I, your grandpa would be lucky enough if a single young lady wanted my attention, and I'am not talking about those friendly attention from them.

"What kind of task is it this time?" his face looks so bitter as if he just drank an ancient Chinese medicine again "Probably settling the corruption matters there between those local officials"

Why did that old emperor keeps sending his fifth son? He could have send a high ranking officials to investigate the matters like the ministry of justice or the Prime minister.

Baihe fidgeted with her hands and keeps looking at him, like she's hesitating to say something "Speak. What is it" Yan Gen putted down the jade cup, he's not in the mood to enjoy it anymore "Did young miss retained her memories or were you pretending all along to catch the fifth prince's attention? why do you keep asking about the fifth prince?" Yan Gen doesn't get it why she thinks that way, Wei Yuu too. Zhilan must be a really good actress back then. Can't he just be curious?

Seeing her mistress's face turned sour, she immediately kneeled "Young miss, I've been by your side since you're little. I'am only loyal to you, I wouldn't dare to speak of this matters to any other person, not even older sister Meigui"

"I didn't retained my memories and I don't feel anything towards the fifth prince. If anything, it's pure hatred. Do you understand?" Baihe bobbed her head in agreement, though she doesn't look like she believes what he said. She saw it with her own two eyes that the two of them were kissing passionately. How can it be a pure hatred? It should be hatred with love, a bitter-sweet romance. Baihe would blush whenever she thought about it. Perhaps if they didn't disturbed them that night, the two lovers will step to another level.

I can't update often like I used to because our start of class is drawing near. I transferred to a new school so I've been busy taking care of my papers for enrollment and buying school supplies. Updates will probably come every week, it can be 1-2 chapters or 3 chapters at most.

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated :)

©Editer