29.

In Denial.

BEFORE dawn came, Yan Gen arrived at the Wei estate in a haste, sneaking like a thief in his own home with an expectant unpleasant splitting head ache. He feels like he was about to collapse at any moment. He shouldn't have drunk too much. Last night was a mistake. Who said that only love made people turned fool and insane?

Lust and greed can get people do stupid things without a good end. He shouldn't have gone to brothel but his manly needs was hard to resist. Sex is also a part of every human's physiological needs! He thought in justification as he slips inside his room quitely. He almost screamed in surprise when he saw his pretty maids waiting right at his doorsteps, he was too focused on making his footsteps quite as possible by tiptoeing that he didn't notice them.

Yan Gen almost lost his balance, thankfully, he grabbed the side of the door on time, his other hand rested on his chest that recieved a shock. Baihe and Meigui looked quite hassle, the worry on their faces are quite evident, their delicate eyebrows furrowed and dark circles formed under their eyes, lessening their former appeal a bit.

Baihe couldn't stop still in one place and keeps walking around outside his chamber, feeling anxious, while Meigui sat at the entrance of his courtyard with a restless heart. She wants to wait on him outside of the estate but thought that the guards will be suspicious of her by going out at this time around, she might give her mistress away too. If it weren't for the fact that Yan Gen left a letter on his bed before he sneaked out, the two of them will definitely report him to the master of the house and claimed that he's missing.

Aye, these pretty maids of his worry a lot for his well being. At this thought, his heart that was full of grievances feels a bit of an elation. Doesn't it feels like he's making his wife and concubine worry? thus decided to wait upon him. Having a delusion to gain a bit of happiness isn't that bad, Yan Gen thought to himself.

Upon seeing him, Meigui and Baihe almost cried in happiness, their eyes became watery as they rushed to him like it was the first time they saw him after so many years. Meigui checked his body, turning him around a multiple times to check if he has received an injury outside as she bombard him with questions.

"Xiaojie, are you alright? where have you gone to? how could you left a letter and gone off just like that? didn't you know that it's dangerous to go outside in the middle of the night especially to a lady like yourself? didn't you thought about the consequences of your action? You're worrying us to death. If this goes out, your reputation will be ruined and your marriage prospects will be greatly effected"

Women... he almost forgot how nagging can a women be. Baihe looks like she also wants to scold him yet she wasn't given an opportunity to do so as Meigui gives her a look, indicating her to prepare what needs to be prepared for their mistress upon her arrival. Her sister Meigui is still a servant that has a higher rank than her, so she retreated and do what she ought to do after squeezing her mistress' hands a bit.

"Alright, alright. I'am wrong, I admit that I'am wrong. Aren't I'am fine now? Just give me some time to rest, okay? Spare me, please..."

Zhilan's gorgeous face carried a hint of tiredness, her bright eyes are dimming, her head droopy, and she looks a bit disheveled. Meigui let out a sigh when her state entered her eyes. Such a troublesome mistress, she wasn't like this before. How could she became a headache now? She took another look at her and her heart eased down.

Perhaps having a troublesome mistress who's smart and a bit foolish that makes you laugh or cry sometimes isn't that bad. She prefers this kind of mistress than the one who's only a bit smart when talking about poetry and doing paintings yet ignorant to the worldly matters, only knowing her small world where she sat on the top.

"Very well... we must washed you up first and make you look presentable. You have to greet your elders today"

Greet the elders? Yan Gen groaned in frustration, and whined, pulling at his silky long hair that he let loose a while ago to express his feelings further. How come that it is today? Oh right, this kind of thing should be done by the missus from noble clans, greeting her elders everyday in the morning to pay respect. However, this past few weeks, he was excused to do this since Wei Zhilan's accident at the temple.

Due to her illness, her overprotective mother asked her husband to excuse Zhilan from doing this, their daughter needs to properly recuperate and greeting someone early in the morning right after she's all dressed up wouldn't help. The physician told them that she needs to rest, and what better rest is it than to sleep well? That's why Yan Gen has been leading an easy life here, growing lazier.

If only he didn't care about his reputation as a transmigrator, he wouldn't bother to show off, he would have lounge around in his room and appreciate the beauties in the Wei estate instead of trying to read those classic books in this ancient era and cracking his head from recalling all those academic knowledge he had from his past life.

Why does it has to be today of all days? He thought in agony. Yesterday, he was informed by Wei Furen that he shall resume in paying respect to the elders. A few weeks have already passed and the physician said the day before yesterday that he was perfectly fine. Wei Zhilan's body has recovered, it's her memories that wasn't recovered yet. The physician assured Wei Zhilan's parents that it won't effect her physically, her memories will be recoverd eventually as time passed.

Inventing an excuse now to avoid this won't help him in anyway. If they knew that he wasn't feeling well, her parents will rushed inside his courtyard and summoned a physician to look over him. The physician will probably know what he's up to and tell Wei Zhilan's parents. This drunkard. He'll probably receive a punishment by being grounded in the ancestral hall and copy a scriptures a multiple times like any other punishment that he saw in movies and drama series, and that will not only tire his hands, it will bore him to death!

When Meigui helped him bath, he regained half of his consciousness, although his head is still pounding, the bath helped him relax for a while.

"Xiaojie..." Yan Gen naturally raised his head at Meigui's appellation. She has a look of disbelief, her forefinger is trembling as she pointed at his lips. Raising an eyebrow at her odd behavior, he still followed where she's pointing. He touched his lips and winced, it seems that he was bitten there. Yan Gen's eyes became round when he remembered a particular incident, he looked at Meigui's way to see that she's now staring at her collarbone. Yan Gen looked down where he saw a multiple of glaring red hickeys, rendering him speechless.

Raising his head, he saw Meigui's pale complexion. Yan Gen furiously shook his head to deny whatever she's thinking "No, no, no. This is definitely not what you think. Absolutely not!" He even raised her hands, waving it repeatedly in front of her to emphasize his great in denial. "I was bitten by so many mosquitoes outside. That's right! There are so many mosquitoes outside, how could I not be bitten by them especially at night?"

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated :)

Sorry for the very long wait, I'll update the next chapter later.

[Unedited]

©Editer

Manly Lady ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें